Caitlin Clark would fit in so well with our team.
by BTFNDGUY (2019-04-19 21:35:43)

I can’t help but think about how well she would blend in with and complement all the players who are returning and who will be coming in the next year or two. Her addition to our team would make us really dynamic and championship worthy. We may be excellent without her but she would be a terrific addition.

Would love to have her
by IrishfaninTX  (2019-04-20 14:28:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think a problem ND may run into with a lot of guard prospects is how young this team is. I could see some players waiting to see who our starters are next year and how well they play. If we have Young players like Katlyn, Anaya, and Abby playing extremely well it could actually hurt our chances with recruits because they all have 3-4 years of eligibility left.

ClarkI
by hempfield75  (2019-04-20 03:32:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have no idea where she will go next year. If she really wanted to be
a Duck or Irish Woman. She would have been one by now.

...I think she is drying to digest and decide what system is best for her.
Is it MM with a transition offense and sharing the ball with 4 other great
players. Aldo possibility of the Princeton Offense. How would she mesh
with almost an entire brand new team. The good news is she knows
some of the incoming or committed players.

...Or has it been planted in her brain she could be the next Sabrina to
lead the team to their first NC. Or the laid back offense that centers on
a couple to a few players. Now I may be off base on Oregon. Domerduck
is far more knowledgeable about the Ducks than I am. He could probably
give a better comparison on the Ducks than I just did.

...Bottom line is she is probably trying to decide which team offense
is better suited for her talents. She may have also talked to Erin
about why she left ND and her opinion.

...It is going to be tough for her so she needs all the time without
us fans hacking around her. She will end up at the best place for
her. I just hope she does not make the decision than the regrets hit
her when it is to late.

...I am just glad we have a possible backup p;am in Kelly. Never know.
She may end up being the best player in class 2020. Great coaches
make great players greater. I wished all recruits considering ND
would think s0mething like that.

Okay, that is it. Thank.

SEG/Chief

Don't have much insight on Clark. Both Oregon & OSU are in
by Domerduck  (2019-04-20 17:59:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the running along with ND not sure who has the inside track. All the Iowa schools want her (including Drake) plus Texas so it's really what she wants. They all would be lucky to get her but I don't follow recruiting much before those player's make their decision which is really up to them and their family and should be,

Clark Again
by hempfield75  (2019-04-20 18:21:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow, Domerduck you said something I did not think of which makes her job
of picking the right school. There is about 5 different systems you just
mentioned. She is got to sit down and figure out which one is best for
her. That is tough job just comparing a couple schools. But she has
5 to figure out. Best of luck to her

SEG/Chief

Have A Feeling Clark And ND Have Moved On From Each
by savr27  (2019-04-19 22:58:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

other. Has she even visited? Haven’t seen her tweet, retweet, or like anything ND related. Jmo, but things seem awfully quiet regarding her and ND. Hope I’m wrong

We’ll have lota of guards and wings on hamd
by Goirish01  (2019-04-20 13:18:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When she is a freshman, and she wants to play right away. This one will be tough to close.

What Time Frame Are You Referring To?
by dillon77  (2019-04-20 09:10:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- MM visited Dowling HS in Iowa twice during the 2018-19 season.
- Who knows how often they've been in touch during that old fashioned thing we can't track, phone calls?

Regarding visits to Notre Dame:
- She came to ND back in fall 2017 during recruitapalooza/Nielefest with current ND signees and/or verbal commits Anaya Peoples, Sam Brunelle, Alli Campbell and Nat Marshall.
- The Official Visit (OV) time period for her class just started after the NCAA finals and the Marshalls were there front and center immediately, as promised. We're now into Holy Week: the campus is shut down and Dowling Catholic HS is, well, an RC institution, as well.
- Plus, time is fleeting for someone like Caitlin Clark. Why? She plays soccer for Dowling and the girls season is in the spring. (I just checked the roster...she's still whacking it.). But she still plays for her very highly ranked Iowa AAU team and the tourneys are starting up soon.

Your take on her social media seems to be in line with what Orangutan has noted. And she is in touch with Oregon commits like Sydney Parrish. And perhaps former U.S. National teammate Kylee Watson.

But she's also told many newspaper writers she is looking at Oregon schools, Iowa schools and national schools, which would be us.

Like many, I initially thought Clark would be a natural for ND. But you never know what's inside the head and heart of a teenager. But while she's known to be gregarious to her friends (even, goofy), she keeps a game face in basketball and things related to it. We'll see...

However, one can see why ND is looking at options in the case of Deja Kelly.

I'll keep fingers crossed and think good thoughts, but will pay attention to possible OVs and who MM/Niele watch at upcoming tourneys. Stay tuned.

Dillon Your Second Best. That was an Oustanding Post.
by hempfield75  (2019-04-20 14:55:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have no idea what is going on behind close doors. Giving us personal
letters on what they are thinking and doing is not in their play book.
Some I am glad you put that info out. Great reading that everyone
following recruiting should read. Thanks "The Great One".

SEG/Chief

My concern is that Oregon is selling her the opportunity to
by MPG  (2019-04-19 22:38:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

replace Ionescu. Let's hope that she follows in the footsteps of many Dowling Catholis HS graduates who have come to ND!