There Don't Appear To Be Any Bigs on the Grad Transfer
by dillon77 (2019-04-22 21:16:56)

In reply to: I certainly hope she’s all in on the transfer market  posted by 2ndstreeter

portion of the portal that can come in and play right away. And being able to selectively choose a big in the "Normal" transfer market is always something of a crapshoot with the NCAA.

For sure, try for the waiver on whomever (if you do find someone), but no guarantees.

This could be another situation of "go with whom you've got."

That is problematic then.
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-22 21:26:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do you think Muffett will have to go back to the Princeton offense? The team will be short on experience and depth and the half court game almost seems like the only choice now.

Yes, Think That Will Be The Approach
by dillon77  (2019-04-23 04:54:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...We don't seem to have the aggressive rebounding that can consistently start a fast break so we'll need to come up with an attack that favors this personnel. (We'll run when we have the chance, but don't see us sprinting up and down the court like this year.)

...Plus, it keeps the ball out of the opposition's hand. Princeton offense can take some time to find the open player/shot.

...Don't know about the three-point shooting initially, but getting the open shots and draining some time seems paramount.

I was also thinking this might be the group and time
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-23 07:06:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to emphasize the defense. I’m not sure what form that would take, but there’s got to be a way to pick it up on that end of the court. An active zone can be pretty disruptive.