Westbrook to Uconn *
by Joeyt28 (2019-05-10 22:18:13)

This user did not provide content for this post

Hartford Courant article on how UConn reloaded in 11 days
by RISteve  (2019-05-12 07:13:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Part of me was hoping NDWBB would take a similar approach in getting one or two more players. I have to tip my cap to Uncle Geno.

Link, below:

If Westbrook gets immediate eligibility...
by cbiebel  (2019-05-12 07:42:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would expect a lot of apologies from many UConn fans regarding their comments about Shepard.

However, I'm not going to hold my breath over that.

So much for Geno not liking vocal parents *
by Orangutan  (2019-05-11 13:33:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ironic if Boneyard wants a waiver for her to play
by SixShutouts66  (2019-05-10 22:43:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

immediately after all the complaining the UCONN board did about Jess getting one and that the NCAA shouldn't give them.

Boneyard talked so much smack on her
by Goirish01  (2019-05-11 00:52:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And her poor parents. Now they will all be redeemed, I’m sure, but there were a lot of haters over there before.

Westbrook
by hempfield75  (2019-05-10 23:00:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is a guard. How many guards does Geno need and where is she going to
play.

SEG/Chief

Lots (and lots) of Guards....
by dillon77  (2019-05-11 09:59:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A quick look at tangible parts of the UConn roster in 2019-20

PG: C. Dangerfield
SG: C. Williams, M. Bent
Wing: M. Walker, A. Makurat, Griffin
Center/Forward: Olivia Nelson-Ododa, K. Irwin.
Forward: B. Camara, K. Irwin, Griffin?, the Murray State Grad Transer???? In my very humble opinion, Walker is a wing and moving her up front diminishes her offensive skill set. In most games this won't be an issue, but against the better and bigger teams, this position will be key for the Huskies.

And of course, if Evina Westbrook is granted a waiver (I think the key to that is the UT administration's response), you've got another guard.

In 20-21

Nika Muhl and Paige Bueckers join. Both are primarily known as point guards -- and they'll need one -- but Bueckers says she'll play whereever she's needed.

I think all these guards are very talented and I have no doubt that Geno A. can get them functioning as a highly effective unit. However, height is height (witness Baylor and ND getting to the NC game). It's one reason why I believe the (unexpected) recruiting loss of Aliyah Boston to S. Carolina put them in a precarious position. O N-O was something of a surprise commitment when she came to UConn...imagine where they'd be without her.

Stay tuned.

BTW, I like a lot of what I saw from Westbrook when she was in HS and then UTenn. But also thought that ship had sailed, so to speak. I'm quite happy with NDs younger guards, such as Anaya Peoples.

But, like UConn, we need big people, which is why the Nat Marshall commitment was so key. Hopefully, Wastson will follow suite or there is some kind of mutual interest between Mimi Collins and ND. IMHO, Collins is the most important transfer out of Tennessee.

What a Mess
by hempfield75  (2019-05-11 14:23:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll take what we have over UCONN. I think they got troubles ready to
happen. To may high profile guards to close together. This got disaster
written all over it. I have seen it happen. To many egoes.

...I think we are one post away from having a very nice balance. Could
that missing piece be Collins?

...Lets say we do get Collins and lets also say Westbrook petitions for
a waiver. If they approve her then Collins should also get one.

...I really would like to know what Westbrook is thinking. She has a better
chance at a NC at Oregon. They are absolutely loaded and have a couple of
really good posts. I would put Herbert ahead of O N O. I do not think
Graves would have turned her down. Same for Oregon State. OSU is really
think at the post right now. Ahead of UCONN. If Westbrook could not deal
with Tennessee. How is she going to deal with no platoon Geno. Daily is
just a carbon copy of Geno I think.

...Does the regiment of guards get them eliminated from the Fudd
sweepstakes. If I were her, I would go to University of Siberia before
getting into that mess. Just my personal opinion. Thanks

SEG/Chief

Probably a good move
by BB Junky  (2019-05-11 21:25:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She will go to a much more stable program than Tennessee. U Conn is trying to stockpile talent. All the guards won't play but so be it. She will get better coaching there with a complete experienced staff. Hard to believe it, but Tennessee has lost their culture.

I would like to see MM expand her roster a bit more than she has in the past. In today's game, I think carrying 6-7 players who can really play is playing Russian roulette. Your one injury, transfer or recruiting miss from being way undermaned. We have played it very close the last few years. If not for our great coaching staff we could of fared much worse.

UCONN Stockpiling is Not New to Them
by hempfield75  (2019-05-12 00:16:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

However, stockpiling guards is a different story. They are really thin
at the post. They also will probably be going to 4 guard sets. I can see
pluses and minuses to that theory. Guards going against real post for
rebounds could get them into foul trouble.

....How about future recruiting. This could affect their ability to get
interest from the Fudd Camp. Which would not break my heart at all. Me
personally, believe we are the team to beat for Fudd. Will UCONN have
room for deBerry. I believe she is only 6-3. So they would still be
undersized.

...My greedyness says get both Collins and Watson to match up with
Campbell, Sam, Nat, mIK, and Manny. With this height and athleticism I
see a real nice offense and defense. Expand your roster MM. Good things
will happen.Ops forgot Clark. Can not leave her out in the cold.

SEG/Chief

Why would you possibly think ND is the "team to beat" ..
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-05-14 18:44:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for Azzi Fudd? She can go anywhere she wants. Many on this board thought we would get Bueckers also. See how that went?

The bottom line: Azzi Fudd is just finishing her sophomore year and has a long time to investigate and weigh her college decision.

Their Beliefs
by hempfield75  (2019-05-14 20:18:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everyone has what they believe, think, and hope will happen. As for me, I
stay positive in the direction of my teams until it is proven one direction
or the other. I like to be positive. There is a a lot of negatives out there.

SEG/Chief

You did not answer the question. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-05-14 20:27:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is What It Is
by hempfield75  (2019-05-15 06:58:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is my gut feeling. If you are looking for some hard evidence. I have none.
I take the information I read and receive and other intangible information
and make my own fair assessment of a situation. I have nothing concrete to
give you. Like most at this point. Just a best guess. I did say it is my
opinion. Not based on anyone else providing me data.

SEG/Chief