Maybe the xfr has more to do with 5 years free education &
by Domerduck (2019-05-11 11:32:28)
Edited on 2019-05-11 12:07:45

In reply to: Danielle Patterson has followed Ali Patberg to IU. I thought  posted by MPG

getting a masters. DP was not going to get a redshirt year staying at ND unless she got hurt and who wants that. She transfers she gets a free year sitting out. Women's BBall is the only women's sport that pays for 5 years complete full ride if the school lets you. Considering so few women make real money in professional sports maybe she is just being smart and getting a two degrees out of it.

I know this is speculation but it's not an insane thought. DP will always be able to say she not only went to ND playing bball, she also will be able to say she won a National Championship there. If she can show the talent and skill she has a chance at the WNBA coming out of Indiana. If not she will leave with 5 years of free education and probably two degrees.

I'm rooting for her as she always gave her all at ND coming off the bench. It's not her fault she couldn't make that starting team. When she chose ND All American Bri Turner was in her Junior year and would have had only one year left but got hurt so she sat out 17/18 year, Danielle's freshman year. Also when DP chose ND Jess Shephard hadn't transferred yet which ultimately and certainly reduced her PT for both years. Jess got two years being the best player on an inferior team at Nebraska (another big 10 team) so when she came to ND as a junior she was more than ready for the big time. DP has a chance to be an ALL conference Big 10 player and show her stuff like Ali did after sitting out a year.

Good luck to her.

Replies: