And Hannah Gusters commits to Baylor. Let's hope
by MPG (2019-05-20 22:52:03)

In reply to: Mimi Collins Transfers To Maryland...  posted by dillon77

that Kylee Watson visits ND around June 17 when the regular summer session begins. Sam and Anaya will be on hand to welcome her then.

Fences and Magnets....
by dillon77  (2019-05-21 08:14:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..come to mind:
- That must be some tall fence around Texas that keeps most Texas prospects (particularly psots) from leaving. (Bri must've really been a great jumper to find her way north!)

- And the magnet that draws bigs to Baylor is right there: Smith, Egbo, now Gusters. Even though there probably won't be immediate playing time, they keep coming. Heck, Egbo and Smith both made the National team and Egbo didn't play much beyond garbage time this year.

- BTW, I saw that Deja Kelly made National Honor Society and graduated in the top 15% of her class. Kudo's to she and her family. Clark is a top-notch student, too, so the two PG's look good in that respect.

Deja Kelly graduated? Isn’t she 2020? *
by Goirish01  (2019-05-21 09:40:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most NHS inductions take place at the end of junior year.
by MPG  (2019-05-21 10:04:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Deja Kelly is a 2020 prospect who ranks in the top 15% of her class which qualified her to be nominated for NHS as a junior.

That's What I Get Posting on the Way to the Dentist....
by dillon77  (2019-05-21 10:59:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and I didn't proofread my own work. Geesh, I only went through this a few times with my own kids.

Thanks for the corrections...main point stand: she's a good student!

I had been hoping that ND would become a major player in
by MPG  (2019-05-21 15:23:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Texas after Bri Turner chose ND because it seems to be the land of the bigs in women's basketball! If ND could recruit a good Texas post player every two years, all would be well with me because I know there will be guards on the roster.

Great point. Does anyone remember how we got Turner?
by drmurray  (2019-05-21 17:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What was the connection/angle?

Bri's mother
by Section11  (2019-05-23 13:50:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe it was about the education. I have spoken to Bri's mother. She should be a recruiter for Notre Dame. She has nothing but really high praise for Notre Dame and the staff. She is very proud of the woman Bri has become thanks to both.