Better chance for Westbeld
by Joeyt28 (2019-05-22 22:19:31)

In reply to: This hurts. *  posted by BTFNDGUY

Make an offer ASAP

Similar Situation Prior to Recruiting Dani and Mik
by hempfield75  (2019-05-22 22:55:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No post recruits with a week left with 3 post players we were recruiting.
They all went somewhere else...

...Maybe Boley gave Watson her opinion of playing and leaving there.

...Graves is selling these players on something and they are buying it.
How many post have Oregon recruiting for 2020. Seems like 3 or 4 for a
team that relies on guard play.

SEG/Chief

That would be a sensible move, along with beginning to look
by MPG  (2019-05-22 22:48:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at international low post prospects.

Absolutely Agree: Focus on Westbeld, Point Guard
by dillon77  (2019-05-23 06:10:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- Maddy's a 6'2" wing and if the Irish are going to be playing Princeton (through choice and/or lack of bigs), it will help to be tall(er) at other positions.
Plus, we might have some of the "homer" advantage (I hope).

- Point guard. Push hard, harder, hardest to get Clark. And, if not her, Kelly.

Oregon seems to be a team on a roll. Why? The Ionescu factor? Beautiful campus? Grave's a player's coach? (Still, he's had more than his share of transfers out as well)

I'm with those that think some kind of expansion into the international market is necessary. And it's not as hard as it used to be given the expansion of multi-media and commercialization of the international recruiting business.

Whoa, I thought we might have had a chance with Watson, given that she held us off to mid-June. Maybe she had the gut feeling early with Oregon and said the hell with it. And/or the class was filling up?

Let's not lose it though: we've got Marshall and Campbell. Let's build on that.
Mik and Sam are going to be very busy the next two years...

Destiny Adams
by Macthefirst  (2019-05-23 07:40:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Losing Watson IMHO is no big deal
She was a star on a small school team and when she faced miss Adams she was totally outplayed.
Destiny is 6’3 maybe 6,4 and growing. Compared to Watson she has a great feel for 5he ball and is very active. Great rebounder, shooter and defender. She would be the perfect post player in the ND offense.

I hope the MM looks closely at her and she becomes Irish . It would hate to see ND lose the chance to land this up coming star. Would be perfect fit in the Azzi era if there is one
Check out Destiney on Utube

Quick look at YTube, she does look good. Very confident *
by Jon  (2019-05-23 09:54:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree on Adams...I've Checked Her Out in Person
by dillon77  (2019-05-23 08:36:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Completely agree with what you say....I Don't know if you read the recruiting report (see above), but we have Destiny Adams in it.

This is what I like about Destiny:
- She is technically talented beyond belief on offense and can play inside, at mid-range and, increasingly, from distance.
- But on defense, she can man the middle, play defense and rebound.
- She has that aura about her that this is her game and the rest of us are just kind of playing in it. When she's on, she's on. You don't see that from too many other players in women's hoops. She's not at or won't be at Stewie's talent level, but has the same kind of approach.

Destiny Adams
by Macthefirst  (2019-05-23 10:07:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She may not be on Stewie level yet but she is going into her Junior year in HS. Not Stevie level at UConn.

Hopefully these posts reach Carol Owens and MM

Get her now before it’s too late
Go Irish

Good News: Adams Plays with Marshall on Exodus NYC ...
by dillon77  (2019-05-23 10:19:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...so ND coaching staff could easily combine a check-in call on Nat Marshall and see Destiny Adams at the same time.

BTW, if we're still in need of a plan B (or C) at guard, there's another player on this roster I'd recommend: Brynn Farrell, Class of 2020, led the entire state in scoring in NJ as a freshman while at a public school, Metuchen. As a junior she transferred to St. Rose, a basketball powerhouse in a tough division, and helped lead them to the Tournament of Champions, along with the teams of Kylee Watson, Destiny Adams and, in the past, the Mabrey sisters.

Talented all-round player who can score off the drive and the pull-up jumper, as well as set her feet and shoot the three. One of those "just in case" looks who could pay dividends.

Here's the Exodus Roster. Hopefully, MM and Co. have seen Adams already this spring.

Exodus NYC 17U Roster Natalija Marshall 6-5 | 2020- (NY) Erika Porter 6-3 | 2020- (NJ) Destiny Adams 6-3 | 2021-(NJ) Caroline Ducharme 6-1 | 2021-(MA) Julia Fabozzi 6-1 | 2020- (NY) Brynn Farrell 5-11 | 2020-(NJ) Dominique Darius 5-10 | 2021-(NJ) Makayla Andrews 5-9 | 2020- (NJ) Caroline Lau 5-8 | 2022-(CT) Lashae Dwyer 5-6 | 2021-(NJ) Arkansas Banshees

Is Brynn Farrell related to Matt? *
by Homeboy73  (2019-05-23 10:23:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not In the Immediate Family, According to ND Bio
by dillon77  (2019-05-23 10:41:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..possible extended family? She's a tough kid and talented player.

Probably a lot of Farrells down the shore. 😎 *
by Homeboy73  (2019-05-23 10:48:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't that spelled "feral" *
by NDoggie78  (2019-05-23 11:24:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Watson
by hempfield75  (2019-05-23 06:59:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am surprised that she committed to Oregon. I thought they already have
3 or 4 post for 2020.

Reality has to sit in sooner or later with these recruits. You are right
about Graves does have history of transfers. It just seems like he
signs these players not on need but to keep them from other schools. I
seen those tactics in football. Michigan was really bad about doing that.

...I just can not see going to a school already loaded at the post position.

...I am hoping Watson does some thinking and realizes what she is getting
into and what she is losing.

SEG/Chief

I Agree With You
by hempfield75  (2019-05-22 23:00:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If there ever was a time to go international. Now is the time. Does any of
our coaches have passports.

...Recruits might be receiving negative recruiting on our recent history on
recruiting top notch Post Players.

...With this possible news. We really need Clark or we are in a little
trouble.

SEG/Chief