Some (more) Saturday Information On This
by dillon77 (2019-06-01 08:07:31)
Edited on 2019-06-01 10:53:18

In reply to: ND WBB Twitter thinks Clark might commit to Oregon (link)  posted by joeyt28

I've scoured a few other boards and two contributors from the Northwest on the Boneyard have added some factoids/opinions.

- Some of this information is based on other commits hoping Clark will come.
-- "A week ago the Portland Oregon newspaper posted audio of an 8 minute interview with Sydney Parrish where she said clearly she’s working hard to get Clark to Oregon but Parrish acknowledged that Clark wasn’t there yet."

-- Te-Hina PaoPao: “I’ve been hearing Caitlin Clark [ESPN's fourth-ranked overall player] might commit," she said. "That would be really exciting to have her with us. But, I’ll play with whoever comes to Oregon."

- Rumor on What's Next:
-- "The most recent (presumably informed) information coming from Eugene is that Clark will likely make official visits to both Oregon and Notre Dame, and then commit sometime in the fall."

This fits in with what Clark has said herself: that she wants to take some official visits (OV's) then make up her mind, preferably before the next (High School) basketball season starts.

BTW, in between that time, she's headed to Thailand with a fellow point guard she might spend two years with, Jordan Nixon. For worse or preferably better, perhaps Jordan can share some information and/or they, too, might get to like/respect each other and their games.

Stay tuned....this cycle is not complete yet. It has seemed surprisingly and disappointingly hard to land some recruits, given ND's return to the final fours, a national championship and the mostly positive publicity the Irish have gotten from Arike's on-court heroics and Muffet's principled stands.

But, as someone pointed out, the endgame is, who says "yes." I really like Alli Campbell (off guard, maybe wing) and Nat Marshall (a 6'5" forward/post) for ND (and obvioulsy Irish coaches do, too). Let's see how Clark, Kelly and Westbeld pan out.

If not, let's blanket that 2021 class....

Replies: