This post is NOT intended ...
by CJC (2019-06-12 11:40:39)
Edited on 2019-06-12 11:41:06

In reply to: One Option to Stop the Constant Roster Shuffling  posted by KORZO78

as a commentary about what is the most appropriate, beneficial or equitable for student-athletes, coaches or institutions.

It's simply the observation of someone who has been following professional and college sports for over 50 years.

Yearly player options for NBA superstars, "one-and-dones" playing such a prominent role in men's college basketball and increasing transfers among men's and women's college basketball seem to be moving ever-closer to the notion of pick-up games at the Rock.

There can be lots of talent, but I'm not particularly invested in the outcome of a game (or season) when the team is (largely or significantly) assembled for a single season (or night at the Rock).

Again, this is not to argue that NBA players don't deserve to negotiate whatever terms they're able to negotiate, or that players shouldn't have greater (or complete) freedom to change institutions at will.

But I have no interest in paying attention to men's college basketball when several of the best teams have completely (or predominantly) different starting lineups from one season to the next.

And the NBA and women's college basketball are starting to develop a similar feel, to my subjective view.