WoW, What Is Going On - Wonder If The Incoming Class and
by savr27 (2019-06-24 12:56:22)
Edited on 2019-06-24 13:02:31

In reply to: Nixon in the transfer portal, per Raoul  posted by Orangutan

grad transfers is writing on the wall for certain players that their playing time will be limited. I hope I’m wrong, but are these girls afraid of competition . That’s all I can equate it to, they see grad transfers and elite players coming in and decide to bolt - smh

Competition
by PittsburghIrish  (2019-06-24 13:20:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I see this as a different situation from Patterson.

I think Nixon may view this as a situation where she could get caught up in the numbers game at ND. With two point guards coming in this year and the staff's pursuit of a top-notch PG for this year's class, it could be that Jordan saw the writing on the wall and is choosing to look for a better spot for playing time.

This is what happens when you recruit elite talent and some players will leave. Some players will leave because they realize they don't want to play in a highly competitive environment. I think this is the difference between Patterson and Jordan.

I think Patterson didn't like the pressure that comes with playing for a National Championship contender and demanding coaching that comes along with it. I think Nixon realizes the numbers at her position are increasing and the reality is her playing time will diminish. Doesn't mean she is afraid of the competition, but rather feels it's best to step out and look for another opportunity at a school that has a less crowded roster at PG.

Plus, being from NYC is a lot different being at ND especially when your close friend and former high school teammate also leaves.

Competition
by GDOMER7 (click here to email the poster)  (2019-06-24 15:26:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree with PittsburghIrish. Nixon never looked comfortable in her brief appearances last season and didn’t show much improvement. Then Muffett goes out and gets Sniezek to play the point this season with Peoples the likely backup. Up next could be Clark and/or Kelly from the 2020 class, and then (please, Lord, make it so) Azzi Fudd in 2021. I think Nixon realized the competition is tough and gonna get tougher.

Plus Peoples
by joeyt28  (2019-06-24 15:34:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't she a PG? Slotted to play the 2 but maybe now back to the 1?

Peoples will play 30mins. a game at 1/2 *
by Wolfetone  (2019-06-24 15:36:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She will have to learn to foul less. *
by 65domer  (2019-06-24 21:10:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

MM Has Said That Peoples Wasn't Going to Play PG
by dillon77  (2019-06-24 16:49:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I remember an Anthony Anderson article in which she said that.

Still, that was before Marta Sniezek was brought in. And it's interesting that we've learned about Nixon entering the portal just after the report that another major 2020 target is visiting this week. If it's a PG (Clark, Kelly), Jordan might've felt sandwiched or, perhaps, bait and switched.

Now that Nixon looks like she's headed out -- and maybe her stint on the National Team is an audition tape for schools to land -- maybe Peoples or Katlyn Gilbert will back up Sniezek for a year.

And many of us thought Clark's desire to "play immediately" might be an issue. Heck, right now it looks like a selling point.

Ditto *
by westsideirish  (2019-06-24 14:44:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post