Mystery recruit on campus earlier this week
by RISteve (2019-06-27 21:27:24)

We could speculate til our eyeballs fall out, but we would never know with any certainty, but it sure is fun to try and guess!

From NDHoopsRecruits:

“WBB: Many recruits like to see their names, visits, and leanings talked about on social media, but some don't. A reliable source says one of the top 5 recruits (I won't reveal which class) in the latter group was on ND's campus earlier this week.“

Great detective work. I am sold! *
by RISteve  (2019-06-28 15:05:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anyone see any tall women on campus this week? *
by drmurray  (2019-06-28 14:14:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A Few Elements To Guess At There...
by dillon77  (2019-06-28 08:16:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...does he mean "Top Five Recruits" nationally? Or in ND's list? And, of course, which Class?

I'll guess the reference is to Top Five nationally and use Hoopgurlz as the barometer.

2020: Caitlin Clark (that's a process of elimination: Bueckers and Brink have committed and we're not on Reese's finalist list).
This would be very optimal!

2021: Point Guard Olivia Miles or Post Amari DeBerry.
Can't see Azzi Fudd, in the process of some kind of rehabilitation, coming out to a campus she's been to a few times. Miles and DeBerry just finished the tour of duty with the U.S. National Team and AAU tourneys don't pick up until after the holidays, so this would be a good time.

I agree. Hoopgurlz would be the best barometer.
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-06-28 12:48:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prospects Nation has Clark at #7.

Prospects Nation has Fudd, Deberry and Miles at #1, 2 and 3.

Thx for PN. Think We've Got Our Focus Right! *
by dillon77  (2019-06-28 13:39:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I imagine top 5 nationally.....Don't understand the secrecy. *
by Wolfetone  (2019-06-28 09:08:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I understand it
by Kayo  (2019-06-28 10:07:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some recruits don't want to be hounded by every recruiting service and the media outlets that cover the top programs.

Some don't want to keep answering the same questions over and over again. How was your visit? Which schools are on your list? Is there a leader? Who contacts you most often? When will you narrow your list? When do you plan to commit?

The last original recruiting question was asked in a prior millenium. Taking calls and politely responding must get old; but don't take calls or get short with the questions and you're a prima donna. I can see why one might want to stay under the radar.

You continue to rock!
by drmurray  (2019-06-28 13:24:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, Michigan sucks.

Ditto Ditto Could Not Say It Better *
by hempfield75  (2019-06-28 16:10:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I totally understand and agree. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-06-28 12:42:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Add social media and so called "fans" (short for fanatics) *
by NDoggie78  (2019-06-28 11:30:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well said *
by SB Jimbo  (2019-06-28 10:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll guess Caitlin Clark as one who fits the stated profile. *
by MPG  (2019-06-27 21:41:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I Agree, IMO, A Recruit Who Likely Needs To Make A Decision
by savr27  (2019-06-29 07:31:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the near future would most likely do it secretly if she doesn’t want all the hoopla of freinds, fans, and media nagging her about where she might go. Caitlin seems very private as well.
On the other hand, why would a 2021 or beyond recruit care about doing a secret visit, her decision is probably at least a year away, but I guess anything is possible

My guess would be a 2021 recruit.
by ndbutch  (2019-06-29 01:36:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Someone like Deberry. But I suppose Clark could have had a bad experience with the aftermath of her Oregon visit.

I'll guess we should respect her wishes but lol
by maverick  (2019-06-27 22:58:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope it was her & she had a wonderful visit and will commit to the Irish down the road