I See What You Did There...(I Think)
by dillon77 (2019-06-29 11:35:10)
Edited on 2019-06-29 13:00:51

In reply to: Or maybe Mystery Recruit's earlier in the week visit changed  posted by MPG

Given that Sedona Prince, Deja Kelly and Caitlin Clark are all from west of the Mississippi, I guess you're taking out a wider net? Or is there a more specific target prospect in mind?

Did Deja Kelly come? I doubt she came earlier in the week, based on ND Hoops Recruits hint about the mystery recruit being a major recruit (Deja's very good, but not in the top rankings). And who was that mystery recruit? How will Sedona Prince's visit to Oregon go and how will it compare to the ride in the magic bus? Or her mom's trip to the bookstore (apparently a good one)? And the visit to UConn last week?

Hopefully, the coaching staff will find out soon on Sedona (in a positive vein) and they can move on to next steps. Go Irish!

I am still intrigued by the top five Mystery Recruit.
by MPG  (2019-06-29 14:13:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Could it have been Caitlin Clark who visited early in the week and made a "Cone of Silence" commit which could have caused a Deja Kelly trip cancellation? You listed a couple of 2021 prospects in the HG top five. For 2022, Ayanna Patterson of Ft.Wayne is #4 could have made an unofficial visit.

In regard to west of the Mississippi, I like post players from Texas and still think Caitlin Clark should have been an ND commit months ago. I wonder if Erin DeGrate is a possibility for ND as a grad transfer?

Would Have To Think Prince is Prime Target of Transfers...
by dillon77  (2019-06-29 16:11:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...at this juncture and then try to see if Sedona can get a waiver.
If she can, that's a trio. And maybe Sedona can work with Sam as a wing/forward, to boot.

If no Prince (either at all or no waiver) I'm not quite that high on DeGrate and would almost rather see MM and Owens force feed Vaughn and Cosgrove minutes to see what the Irish have. Not that she couldn't give MM some minutes, but not sure the "one and done" is worth it compared to getting experience for the young 'uns.

Your proposed scenario would be the cats meow. If not, once again send Matt McGraw to Iowa to hang out, cook barbecue, play golf with Mr. Clark. Whatever it takes! (My emoji is stuck in wink position...maybe.)