We will get Caitlin Clark and Olivia Myles...IMO.
by Irish75 (2019-07-05 23:31:30)
Edited on 2019-07-05 23:37:36

In reply to: Do not get it  posted by Joeyt28

It’s tough not getting Prince but her mother was raving about the Oregon visit, so I’m disappointed but not surprised.

If we do land Clark and then Myles, another string of Final Four runs is on the horizon.

And I’m guessing Hailey Van Lith to Baylor. I don’t know where else is left for her.

I am not worried
by hempfield75  (2019-07-06 02:42:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2020 to 2022 seem to be loaded at the wing and post positions. Quite a few
from our own back yard in Indiana. Off the top of my head you have deBerry
and I believe the post from Colorado is Betts. Please correct me if I have
her name wrong. You have Patterson, Reynolds and of course quite a few
tall guards. Next year we could take the top 3 players in Fudd, Miles and
deBerry. Do not forget about Destiny Adams.

...Now do we go after Maddy? I would.

...One last point. We have some great tall athletic guards. If Mik and
Danielle can keep the 4 and 5's busy. We can use our athletic guards to
sneak in for the rebounds. We all remember the job Jackie did.

...Sorry one last point. Like the rest of the board I am curious how
Oregon can get all these players. They really do not have the history.
Now the question with Oregon will be is to how many will stay and which
ones will transfer. Eventually this style of recruiting could come back
and hurt Oregon. I am also curious to what they are selling these recruits.
Especially all the post they are recruiting.

...If I was ND I would go back and make contact with Watson and gently
bring to her attention the wall she will be fighting against just for
playing time. She has not signed yet. About time we take one from Oregon.

...They will not get Clark...The way Oregon is recruiting reminds me of
how some football coaches recruit. They do not always just recruit for
their need but to ensure other schools do not get them.

...Now I am finished.

SEG/Chief

Need bigs though
by Joeyt28  (2019-07-05 23:34:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure only Marshall will cut it.

Yes we do. *
by Irish75  (2019-07-05 23:36:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's Some Possible 2020 Bigs Still Not Verbally Committed.
by dillon77  (2019-07-06 09:07:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I put this list together a few weeks ago, but it's still relevant (particularly to the Irish) right now. I've got no idea if the Irish are looking at any of these players, but with three major AAU Tourneys coming up (one at Indy as I type), here's a chance to see some of them and/or other post prospects in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

These, once again are all 2020 prospects: someone who could join Nat Marshall.

- Kamilla Cardoso (HG 5, PN 5), 6'5" Post from Brazil, living in Tennessee. Tall, athletic, still raw around the edges. Rumored to be looking at SEC teams, but UConn board is also keen. (Seems to have a protected twitter account)
- Dalayah Daniels (HG 15, PN 15), 6'4" forward from Seattle, WA. Forward with the proverbial guard skills and is looking for a coach/system that can let that show. Has also been with different HS coaches every year so looking for stability. Louisville had a home visit with her. Feels like a Nat Marshall type of skill set, so might look for more complementary player. (Another protected twitter account).
- Cameron Williams (HG 26, PN 65) 6'2" Post who helped lead Whitney Young to the Chicago City Championship. She's a lefty who usually goes face-up, but also has a growing "back to the basket" game, according to HG's Olson. (Retweeted MM's statement on Women's opportunities. Has posted offers from Penn State, Texas Tech and UVA.)
- De'Yona Gaston (HG 34, PN 18), a 6'2" forward from Pearland, Texas. If that sounds familiar, its Brianna Turner's hometown. Gaston's write-ups sound familiar: tall, athletic, good rebounder, runs the floor well. (No insights into colleges that I could see, but retweeted Sedona Prince's decision.)
- Sakima Walker (HG 53, PN ), 6'4" center from Columbus Africentric HS in Ohio who played with Jordon Horston. Supposedly very good athlete who is just tapping the surface offensively. (Scan of twitter sees offers from James Madison, Xavier, West Virginia and Minnesota.)
- Jayla Kelly (#99 in HG), a 6'3" Post from St. Louis, MO. Has been referenced in conjunction with ND awhile ago, but not much seen since. Rugged rebounder and defender in the paint. (According to twitter, has has had home visits from Missouri, Purdue, Vanderbilt, St. Louis. Had home visit from and took OV to Northwestern.
Unofficials to to Louisville, Kansas State and Oklahoma.

Not rated, but known....

- Erika Porter, 6'3" forward from Notre Dame High School in New Jersey. Is also playing with Exodus NYC, AAU team of Nat Marshall and Destiny Adams, a hot 2021 prospect from the Shore. Porter comes highly rated by "Tiny" Green, longtime purveyor of Girls Hoops on the Jersey Shore. He's made Porter an "unofficial" shore player, which is a big kudo (for him). Somewhat raw player who could help in the lane while learning more technical skills.

Is it just me or does Daniels sound like a perfect fit
by maverick  (2019-07-06 11:33:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

skill wise. Are we actively recruiting her?

Daniels Does Seem to be a Good Fit
by hempfield75  (2019-07-06 12:59:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I m partial to Williams out of Chicago. Almost seems like a Bri clone.

SEG/Chief

A lot of Good Info and Thanks. There i s a few I
by hempfield75  (2019-07-06 09:24:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would take a strong look at. Don't know what is on MM's mind at this point.

SEG/Chief