It's worse when the Head Coach leaves on signing day like
by Domerduck (2019-07-06 13:28:10)

In reply to: Tim Fudd's question. It is an excellent question.  posted by BTFNDGUY

what happened to my daughter planning to go to St. Mary's with Paul Ratcliffe as head coach. He chose to go across the bay to Stanford from SMC where he became the PAC12 Women's Soccer coach of the century and has won multiple NCs and gone to several Final 4s, not really realistic possibility at SMC. That said I still remember my daughter's tears that day (signing day) when he called telling her the news. He did release her and said she could switch schools.

Our options were limited as most scholarships had been filled. The UW coach who had recruited her hard said she could walk on, but was honest saying the numbers favored her playing more at St. Mary's. She went there and tried to make it work, but the replacing coach had no idea of her game and wanted taller players so her playing time was limited. It was frustrating for her and she looked to transfer, but her sport doesn't provide full rides like women's bball so a lot more factors played out. A big factor was me not being willing to fund her switching schools with another potentila year, which each coach wanted.

So you can understand how parents and kids have lot to think about with these student athletes and a lot of it is not in their direct control other than choosing their school. Transferring schools should be a part of their equation to try to make it work after the years of investment as a Division 1 student athlete. If schools are willing to fund the extra year with a full ride like they do in basketball, then you need to look at it.

As for my daughter, all's well that ends well. She ultimately switch sports mid season her junior year. She got much more scholarship money for running cross country at St. Mary's which she ended up being the team captain her senior year. As a mother and teacher in San Diego she still plays and coaches in her preferred team sport.

Got a Question for you Domer
by hempfield75  (2019-07-06 16:50:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am not saying the word Duck again until we win a head to head recruiting
battle with them. We must be 0 for 1000 this year alone.

...But here is my question. Are the Oregon fans concerned at all with over
recruiting this year. Especially with the great talent coming up in the
next few years. I like to spread out the talent a little so you do not have
it all in one class. In four years they could really have problems. What do
you think.

SEG.Chief

Last time Ducks had a big haul they got Sabrina & Ruthie so
by Domerduck  (2019-07-06 17:37:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think they are worried. the interesting thing to me is the last player they got, well after signing day, was Sabrina which showed how she wanted to play with lots of good players in her same class. Both Clark & Van Lith may have the same inclination and the first to pick Oregon may decide it's the way to go. I hope ND get's Clark but you never know

Domer You Really Know How to Upset My Stomach
by hempfield75  (2019-07-06 20:18:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll probably have to make an appointment with my shrink now. Gives us
something to talk about.

...Nice comments and observation. You could unfortunately be right about
Hailey or Clark. I just hope it is not Clark. I would think Oregon would
be the favorite for Hailey, with her not that far from Eugene near
Wenatchee, WA.

How could they have room for another guard let a lone another player??
Did they suddenly open up basketball recruiting to match football at 85?

...I am still holding out hope for Clark and Maddy.

SEG/Chief

I check out your reply and I get an Ad for the Storm w/Sue
by Domerduck  (2019-07-06 21:02:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Birds picture. You would think on an ND womens bball site they'd at least have Jewell not a UConn player who is hurt and in France right now rooting on her girlfriend. I like the Portland Thorns a lot more than any Seattle women's team.

As for the Ducks, Graves is a new age coach and seems to connect well with these kids. We will see if he gets either of those guards.

Logic Says No to the Guards
by hempfield75  (2019-07-07 04:00:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your last sentence upset my stomach again.

...First I have to say that I am NOT A STORM FAN. I know what your talking
about. I turn on my computer and Seattle stuff attacks me. Like they think
everyone living her is a storm fan. Heres a big geography lesson to the
state of Washington. I do not have numbers to back it up but I could find
them. A big portion of the population in Western Washington comes from 6
major military bases. There are lot international jobs and positions
filled from out of state. Then there is the natural movement from people
that no longer liked living in their state for example California. This is
another melting pot state with one of the largest asian populations outside
asia. So I do not see how they think everyone likes a Seattle Team.

...Talk about out of place. Here are my likes

Originally from Lancaster CO. PA

Baseball - Phillies
Basketball - 76ers
Hockey - Flyers
Football - Jets
College - ND with Penn distant second

Now you see why I am well loved in the Seattle clubs

I really believe if they want her they can get Hailey. There are some
up here that like to stay on the West Coast.

SEG/Chief