McGraw interviewed at Sky Wings game
by abqirish (2019-07-07 19:17:01)

McGraw is at the game in Chicago with her husband. Arike has 13 points at the half. McGraw said she was very excited for Arike. She was interviewed by Jordan Cornette. She said she has the same expectations for next year’s team as always. Arike now leads all scorers on both teams with 16 early in 3rd quarter.

OUR COACH
by Traditionnevergraduates  (2019-07-08 21:38:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

SIMPLY THE BEST☘️

'Same expectations' Nat. Championship? Politicians answer *
by Jon  (2019-07-08 16:52:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She has self-confidence and thinks they can achieve anything
by Murcer68  (2019-07-08 17:05:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they put their minds to do. If she didn't expect greatness every year, she would not have achieved what she has in her life.

Well said.
by Traditionnevergraduates  (2019-07-09 23:08:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are exactly right. Well said, CHAMPIONS are made not born to be. she believes in herself and her team, and they believe in her.

Expectations need to be grounded in reality somewhat
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-07-08 21:40:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree her response was a throwaway.

The fans can
by BB Junky  (2019-07-09 14:16:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

look at it and deal from their reality because we are fickle fans. We worry, speculate and predict but have no control. It's all fun for us.

However.... the coaches have set the bar and MM see no reason to lower the expectations. I like that. Only a couple of programs in the country that can talk like that.

I get that, but what I would hate to see is coach & staff
by Jon  (2019-07-10 15:57:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

make this team feel that they'd be failures if they don't do what last years all WNBA team couldn't do.

If they lose in the final four, wouldn't we all be popping champagne?

What I Think is Important
by hempfield75  (2019-07-10 16:24:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is to keep and push for the same goals, just differently. You can not start
off with lower the goals. That is the way they will play. Push harder but
be sensitive and understanding. What I also think is important is to put
them in a system for success. If that means the Princeton, do it. To run
like a herd of zebras, so be it. Do not put them in a system that will not
work. Seen that many times, especially football. I have confident in the
coaches and players. They will be fine.

...recruiting in 2021,22, and 23 could be unreal. A lot of great players
coming up in our recruiting area. Do not think Oregon will be our
competition for most of these. However, our good buddies in the NE could
be. But I like our chances on A. Patterson,Betts (sp) from CO, the Reynolds girls,D. Adams,and of course Fudd. I still have DeBerry leaning towards
the NE but that could and hopefully will change. If Geno keeps going
after other post. He may end up pushing her our way. We just have to keep
winning.

SEG/Chief

True. But we’ll see. Not that I don’t hope that it happens. *
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-07-10 09:21:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post