U.S. Beats Australia 74-70 in ot for the gold
by 70Dillon (2019-07-28 14:41:40)

In reply to: U.S. Beats Canada in World Cup; Advances to Semi's...  posted by dillon77

Here's the U19 World Cup All-Star Team ...
by dillon77  (2019-07-28 17:51:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...courtesy of SkinsHoops86

#FIBAU19WC All Star 5 + MVP:

Billie Massey (Belgium)
Alex Fowler (Australia) - University of Portland 2019 signee
Lola Pendande (Spain) - University of Utah 2019 signee
Paige Bueckers (USA) - '20 UConn commit
Rhyne Howard (USA) - University of Kentucky (rising sophomore)

MVP - Paige Bueckers

Portland went after Fowler when she was a bit under the radar. Good move for them.

Massey, whose sister Becky, is also a 6'1" forward, plays hard. Wonder if they're locked into Belgium clubs?

Maybe there are some Australian players we should recruit? *
by NDoggie78  (2019-07-28 17:48:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why Not?
by WaxonWaxoff  (2019-07-30 15:23:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oregon has had success landing some bigs from down under, but, you have to be willing to rack up the airmiles.

Also Have the Sabally Sisters From Germany...
by dillon77  (2019-07-30 16:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and this year, they have a guard from England. All the internationals have now helped them land a slew of U.S. girls from the midwest, border states and the East.

The assistant coach you see in a lot of the international photos is fairly young and obviously puts in the miles. Just have to commit to getting to the AAU equivalent of prospect events, which are down under and in Europe. In fact, Blue Star organized such a camp for Euros in the Spanish Islands. Blue Star oversees the Blue Belles, which the Irish have recruited from (Mik Vaughn, Danielle Cosgrove, Alli Campbell, maybe more [Olivia Miles, Amari DeBerry]}. So, have an assistant take a wild to the Euro side. Or hire a younger person to assist Niele. Young people like to travel (at least I did).

A bit off topic
by WaxonWaxoff  (2019-07-28 16:56:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I wonder why Muffet doesn't get involved in coaching some of these teams. Has she coached any of these national teams in the recent past?

Muffet has not coached USA basketball in recent years and I
by MPG  (2019-07-29 20:23:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

don't know why. My guess is that she wants to devote all of her energy to ND basketball.

Just thought
by WaxonWaxoff  (2019-07-30 02:41:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that being out and about like that ala Walls @ L-Ville, Staley@ S Carolina, and of course Geno would be good for recruiting.