Options
by dillon77 (2019-08-01 08:50:47)
Edited on 2019-08-01 08:53:20

In reply to: I don't really think it's like that  posted by Orangutan

Like Orangutan and many others, I sure as heck didn't see this coming. The only Hayes we've ever brought up here is Madison Hayes (no relation) and that seemed to come and go. Had no idea we were affiliated with the extended basketball-playing family of which this young PG -- Alasia -- is a part of.

Given how tight ND's recruiting process is, we're certainly not privy to all the players ND is prospecting, but I've got to believe Ms. Hayes' stock went up after Jordan Nixon pulled up her stakes and drove her wagon to College Station.

So, we now know of three guards who play PG in the Class of 2020 that have mutual interest: Hayes, Caitlin Clark and Deja Kelly.
- Clark is still being intensely recruited. Good news is that it's virtually certain she came here in June so interest is there. Still, the in-state schools are pressing very hard and you never know if Oregon might pull one more out of the fire.
- Kelly has a lot of interest here, but there's also Oregon and I've got to think there are other schools to protect herself.
- And I've heard the interest in 2021's Miles is palpable.

As Orangutan said, could the offer to Alasia Hayes (and Kelly, for that matter) be conditional? Very possible.

Weirdly enough, Baba sent me a workout tape of Anaya Peoples the other day and I was astounded by her handle. If that's a back-up option, life could be worse...

BTW, here's a hometown article on Ms. Hayes.

p.s. I'm sure hoping that ND gets/make a definitive move at the PG position sometime soon. It seems like there's been a Pogo-like black cloud (for those of a certain age) or bad karma over it since the Alli Patberg imbroglio. Not pointing any fingers, just thinking things have been off-kilter a bit.

And the fact that our recruiting coordinator/point guard coach is considering going "all the way to Memphis (cue the Mott the Hoople)," makes things even more, hmmm, interesting.

Stay tuned. On a number of fronts.

p.s.s. Let's see who gets scheduled for OV's come September. That will say a lot. Hopefully, there's also some unknown 2020 post/forward, as well.

Replies: