She already is an associate head coach (link)
by Kayo (2019-08-06 09:56:43)
Edited on 2019-08-06 09:58:27

In reply to: I think Muffet will promote Beth Cunningham to Associate  posted by MPG

This means that she has already been promoted because
by MPG  (2019-08-06 10:35:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

she is listed as "Associate Coach" in a 2018-19 game program that I have. Carol and Niele were listed as "Associate Head Coach" in that same program. Interestingly, the 2018-19 roster is no longer available on und.com. Only the 2019-20 roster is available and has Beth's new title, and Niele is already off the list of coaches.

When Did That Promotion Take Place?
by dillon77  (2019-08-06 10:44:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I caught that the other day while getting ready for vacation and neglected to post it. Wonder if that had happened quietly earlier or if it had come about recently?

While I could see Beth taking over more and more of the prep and in-game counsel, I'm not certain that given her personal situation, hitting the road for recruiting will be the best match.

You and I are in agreement that it would be best to go young...we'll see.

My guess is that Muffet will issue a statement on all the
by MPG  (2019-08-06 13:45:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

coaches' responsibilities when the new assistant is hired. Everyone is involved in scouting and game preparation. Niele was given the most challenging teams to prepare for, but there were other games when Beth or Carol took the lead. How do I know this? Bob Nagle does a post-game radio interview with the assistant who did the scout and prep for the game.

While every coach needs to be on the road in July, the recruiting coordinator normally travels more frequently over the course of the year. I could see Beth coordinating with the young assistant doing more of the road running during the winter. As former head coaches, Beth and Carol have seen it all and done it all.

I would like to see the new assistant with existing connections in states such as Texas or California or Florida.

As you noted earlier, Ashley Barlow is probably the best qualified of the ND grads.

Found 2 articles from last season that used the title
by Kayo  (2019-08-06 12:08:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So it isn't new.

Baylor Scouting Report: One-on-one with Notre Dame Assistant Coach Beth Cunningham

Beth Cunningham to be inducted into 2019 Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame Class

Both are WSBT reports that use different titles. I'll use
by MPG  (2019-08-06 13:53:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the two printed by ND documents that I have on hand as my sources. The link is also helpful.

In any event, she is an Associate Head Coach now and likely to acquire a number of Niele's roles.

Thanks....
by dillon77  (2019-08-06 12:19:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Given her successful HD stint and the work she was doing at ND, I was always a bit if and when that "bump" would come.