Go Up The Stairs and Walk Around the Arena...
by dillon77 (2019-09-10 10:55:05)
Edited on 2019-09-10 10:55:50

In reply to: Campus question for board  posted by RISteve

...there are pictures galore, from men's and women's basketball (of course), but volleyball and concerts that have taken place inside the arena. Since you have not been there in so many years, these visual "blasts from the past" are worthwhile. (i.e., Elvis really played here?)

Safe travels and have a blast.

Don't forget to Blame (and beat) Davie!

Elvis played my Freshman year, his last tour. I always
by Domerduck  (2019-09-10 11:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

visit the ACC when I went to games, though it has been a while (last one UT). Also fun if you it is open is the hockey arena in addition to all the ND fields for other sports that have been mentioned.

Open House at Compton 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Saturday
by NDoggie78  (2019-09-10 12:20:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If hot (looks like it will be mid 70s), good place to cool off - and clean restrooms

Thanks again for all the suggestions ...Elvis...WOW! *
by RISteve  (2019-09-10 12:15:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If You're Touring Campus, Get To LaFortune Center
by dillon77  (2019-09-11 09:38:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's on the Main ("God") Quad. When you look at the front of the administration building, it's the second one to the right (Washington Hall is in between). It was/is a kind of student union but has a lot of things going on...including some good seats in the lobby that also have a bunch of high-def. televisions. Good place to sit and take it in.

Plus, there's a secondary, mini-bookstore area in one of the alcoves. And in the back are a bunch of mini-places to drink (Starbucks) or eat (Subway).

And a lot of restrooms.

I will check it out! *
by RISteve  (2019-09-11 16:17:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post