another reason
by joeyt28 (2019-09-10 12:10:52)

In reply to: Jewell Loyd tidbit  posted by txirish74

Or maybe because she didn't graduate?

That would not be the reason
by Hanratty5ND  (2019-09-10 12:37:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No matter the pro sport--the player is always introduced as "from" XYZ college.

If being a college graduate were a requisite--90% of the NBA players and a good number of NFL players would not be identified by their college whenever player intros are done.

Not always
by Kayo  (2019-09-10 16:09:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I see a lot of NFL players who use their high schools when the broadcast runs through the self-introductions early in games. I don't know that any player does that all the time, but it's done.

I've seen it often enough over the years that I barely take notice anymore.

Of course, Loyd didn't go to Lincolnwood High School because there is no such thing. She went to Niles West. Didn't she build a court or a playground in her home town recently?
-------
Update to add a link to last May's story about Lincolnwood naming courts after her. This probably is behind her choice during introductions.

Wow. Great find Kayo! This makes a lot of sense! *
by drmurray  (2019-09-11 08:33:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post