Alasia Hayes just committed
by Drew (2019-09-30 18:17:43)

https://twitter.com/alasia_5/status/1178793850413998080/photo/1

Welcome aboard Alasia!! *
by Jon  (2019-10-01 10:49:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's her hometown newspaper's report. (link) (link)
by MPG  (2019-09-30 23:00:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two High School Championships in Tennessee
by dillon77  (2019-10-01 08:01:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's been part of a Riverdale HS team that has won consecutive Class AAA Tennessee championships.

Muffet is on record as liking players that are on winning teams.

Alli Campbell has also won consecutive championships with Bellwood-Antis in Pennsylvania and Nat Marshall's Christ the King took home the New York State title this winter.

Good weekend for WBB MBB and FB! *
by BeatPS0607  (2019-09-30 20:56:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting. That makes 3 recruits for this class.
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-09-30 20:21:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We know we really want Clark. Deja Kelly may also be an option. What about Maddie Westbeld? I am guessing that one of either Clark or Kelly may no longer be interested in ND, but that is simply a guess, a wild one at that. This will be fun to watch!

I say take 5 - even 6
by NDoggie78  (2019-10-01 09:56:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clark and Westbeld would be my two choices

We have 6 or 7 (Destinee Walker?) returning for next year not counting former walk-ons

Well
by irishdds  (2019-09-30 20:17:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a good sign for getting Clark IMHO. I guess we will have to see how the rest lays out but this does not move the needle for me

Clark
by hempfield75  (2019-09-30 22:00:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I disagree. I think this helps to get Clark. You let her know that she is
not glued to a position. That we just want her on the court to score.

SEG/Chief

Welcome To ND Alasia
by hempfield75  (2019-09-30 20:06:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alasia was a huge get for us. We needed a true point guard. A guard that
that thinks distributing and defense first. She will have plenty of
scorers to get the ball to. If we get Maddy and Clark. We will have 5 or more
scores in Gilbert, Peoples, Nat, Sam, Clark, Maddy and Campbell. Now we hav
a true point that can focus on getting them the ball.

...Also this move is great for Clark. Just tell her she is our starting
1, 2 ,3, and 4. Just put the ball in the hop. She pretty much will be free
to play her game.

...This is great for next year. After we finish with Clark and Maddy we
can focus on Fudd, Olivia and the Canadian for 2021. Hopefully the dominoes
are falling our way.

...Final point. Great for Alisha. When was the last time if ever we
recruited a player from Tennessee. Tennessee is not that far from ND. It is
driveable for her family. They will be able to catch alot of her games,
along with her friends. Huge advantage for her. Should help with her
confidence and her play.

SEG/Chief

That was fast!! Great news!, *
by RISteve  (2019-09-30 19:04:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very good news. Thanks. *
by Homeboy73  (2019-09-30 18:54:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And there was another recruit with her.
by ndbutch  (2019-09-30 18:22:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wearing a uniform as visitors do and cropped out of the picture. ND is going after more than 1 guard folks.

Could the invisible recruit be Leilani Kapinus? She hasn't
by MPG  (2019-09-30 22:47:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

publicized any of her official visits or any of her home visits, except when ND came to Madison.

ND Hoops Recruits suggested that it is Acacia Hayes a 2022
by MPG  (2019-10-01 10:47:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

guard prospect. That makes sense to me that her sister could be the invisible one.

Imo, This Doesnt Bode Well On Getting Clark, Dont See Us
by savr27  (2019-09-30 20:47:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

taking both Kelly and Clark at this point. Also, we seem to be aggressively going after PG which is also a subtle sign

Think it has more to do with Kelly
by Orangutan  (2019-09-30 21:09:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clark is a different role & different caliber of player.

It seemed to me that ND would take Hayes or Kelly. Both are
by MPG  (2019-09-30 22:43:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

5'7" combo guards. I was thinking that Deja Kelly at UNC instead of ND this weekend indicated that a Hayes commitment might be in the works.

Caitlin Clark is destined to be the lead guard. If she doesn't choose ND, then I believe that the focus will shift to Olivia Miles or Ari Wiggins for 2021.

Reminds Me A Bit of Kaila Turner"; Agree with Thought .....
by dillon77  (2019-10-01 06:51:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..that this signing is independent of Clark, who is the primary lead guard target. This Hayes commitment most certainly affects Kelly, whom I suspect will now concentrate on other schools.

Clark & Westbeld are here within two weeks. I think that visit and subsequent decision of Clark will determine the PG direction. (Agree with your next steps: No Clark, Miles or Wiggins in '21).
Kapinus? Once again, let's see what comes of the Clark/Westbeld visit.

I like the way there are options being arranged for so it's not "one and out."

Back to my Haye-Turner analogy: This is from the 2088 signing-day press release on Turner. Her height (5'8") and description of her game caught my attention, particularly the reference to athletic ability and defense:

"A speedy, athletic player who can fill either guard position, Turner is ranked among the top 20 players at her position by all major recruiting services and is among the top 100 players in the nation overall.

“We are thrilled that Kaila has decided to come to Notre Dame and join our program next fall,” McGraw said. “More than anything else, she’s going to bring more speed and explosiveness to our backcourt, which will be an important addition for us on the defensive end. She also handles the ball very well, makes good decisions on offense and has a really nice outside shot that extends to the three-point line."

Hoping you are right
by irishdds  (2019-09-30 22:11:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We need Clark. Kelly didn’t visit last weekend so maybe she is the one not interested

Exciting
by skydigg88  (2019-09-30 18:19:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She’s a great pick up! Heard she’s really stingy on the defensive end

Olson describes her as a "thief." I like thieves ...
by sixtythreer  (2019-09-30 20:10:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when they are on our side. I'm excited she chose ND.