Different Kind of Players. Should Complement Each Other
by dillon77 (2019-10-03 09:39:34)
Edited on 2019-10-03 09:40:23

In reply to: Great news!!!  posted by irishdds

Miles is a point guard, through and through.

While Fudd has a good handle, she is more of an off-guard. Some think she can play wing, too, but in the ND system she'd be on of the "other" guards.

If there's any possible overlap on the 2021 front, it might be with Sonia Citron, the 6' guard who ND offered in early September. Citron is pretty malleable in terms of approach, given the way she played with both Miles and Payton Verhulst, who is a scorer first and foremost (like Fudd).

Olivia Miles would be a great addition to ND as a playmaker
by MPG  (2019-10-03 10:36:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and all around floor leader. She would also be an attraction for other players in the 2021 class. As you noted, Citron and Verhulst played well with Olivia. I believe that Azzi Fudd is a long-shot for ND, but perhaps playing with Miles would have some appeal.

Miles, Citron or Verhulst, and Lattimore or DeBerry would be an outstanding 2021 class for ND regardless of the final outcome for the 2020 class.

Why Is Fudd Considered A Long Shot For ND? I Always
by savr27  (2019-10-03 11:03:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

thought that we were favored to land her.

During an era of "irrational exuberance" I thought that ND
by MPG  (2019-10-03 13:57:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

had a good chance of landing her, partially because of her support of Sam Brunelle. I now believe that her strongest personal tie is with Bueckers. As BTFND mentioned elsewhere in this thread, it wasn't so long ago that the question of "Could ND take both Bueckers and Clark?" was taken seriously.

We need to realize that consensus top ten prospects are hard to sign. If ND can sign one per recruiting class that will create the core of a championship team. Right now, there is one on the roster: Sam Brunelle.

I regard Peoples a Top 10 recruit in reality..... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-10-03 16:14:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do too. She is very, very good. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-10-03 20:55:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We also thought we would land Buechers, Clark, Watson, Cox
by NDoggie78  (2019-10-03 11:53:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just to name a few. I think all fan bases get irrationally optimistic. And we may have led at one time with all these and others - teenage girls change their minds.

I don't think Azzi Fudd is a longshot nor is she a sure thing. A lot of time remains.

Fudd
by hempfield75  (2019-10-03 15:27:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The one thing we all need to realize that her father will and is actively
involved in her recruiting. I doubt seriously she ends up at a place just
to be with Sam or with Beuchers. He is looking for more than just a
basketball school. He is looking for what is best place for his daughter
on and off court. Remember he was very vocal and concern about early
transfers that has been happening. Believe he had a pow wow with MM bout it.
If early transfers is a major concern of his and a deciding factor. UCONN
is in more trouble than we are. I wonder what school has shown her the most
love while recovering from her serious knee injuries. Next month we will
start hot and heavy into the 2021 class. Until than, I see no true leader
or favored. Again, Just my educated opinion.

P.S. I really believe Olivia could be a factor into Fudds recruitment.

SEG/Chief