ASGR Unveils New 2021 Rankings; Irish Prospects Abound
by dillon77 (2019-10-08 16:56:33)
Edited on 2019-10-09 10:06:14

Bret McCormick put this out Oct. 8th, which I saw on SkinsHoops86.
Top 75 prospects are linked. I've pulled out rankings and ratings of those that have been linked to the Irish.

These names -- and other possible prospects -- will become very popular after the early decision period in November, but here's a quick start:

1) Azzi Fudd, 5'11" Shooting Guard. Rating: 99
2) Olivia Miles, 5'11" Point Guard. Rating: 98
3) Saniya Rivers, 5'11" Shooting Guard. Rating: 97
10) Amari DeBerry, 6'5" Power Forward. Rating 96
12) Payton Verhulst, 6'1" Combo Guard. Rating 96. (She is listed as a PG here, but she played off guard on the U.S. National Team)
15) Sonia Citron, 6'0" Combo Guard. Rating: 96.(Same as Verhulst)
33) Ari Wiggins, 5'7" Point Guard. Rating: 95.
34) Shyanne Sellers, 6'1" Shooting Guard. Rating: 95
73) Destiny Adams, 6'3" Wing Forward. Rating: 93.
75) Sydney Affolter, 5'11", Shooting Guard. Rating: 93.

The ratings are interesting in that there are only six (6) points between the top-rated prospect and the 75th. If you look at the "top ranked" Irish prospects thus far, Azzi Fudd is at 99 and Sonia Citron (#15) is at 96.
Lot of talented basketball players and that's good to keep in mind when we see the prospects MM and her staff are after.

Again
by WaxonWaxoff  (2019-10-08 22:27:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

heavily weighted toward guards, 8/2. I get it's early and there could be transfers out there but when you only have two post players on your wish list, small room for error, very small

As You Said, It's Early....
by dillon77  (2019-10-09 10:16:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And as I hope I inferred, there will undoubtedly be names that start popping up after the 2020 class is put to bed. Hopefully, some of those names will be forwards and/or posts.

But I still don't expect the Irish to be back in the "center-power forward-small forward (wing)" set of old. ND -- and UConn -- for that matter, have not played that way for quite some time with motion offenses that favor passing, cutting and open shots. Yes, a center (or two) is absolutely necessary, but I see it more of a center, forward (Aconwa/Westbeld prototype) and three guards, one of whom is a bit taller. And I think the prospect list will be poroportionate.

Maybe not "positionless" basketball, but more like the recent championship team, where Arike was playing wing d on the 2-3 zone.

agree with your assesment
by WaxonWaxoff  (2019-10-09 10:28:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

time will tell