I hope #13 is not true
by irishdds (2019-10-08 21:59:41)
Edited on 2019-10-08 22:00:59

In reply to: Notes from Today's Open Practice  posted by MPG

That would mean getting both Clark and Westbeld unlikely. I really don’t like the way recruiting is going. Sorry JMHO. I do think Sam and Anaya are quality though and reports on Campbell are promising

Thanks for all the great info. *
by RISteve  (2019-10-09 07:20:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clark
by domer65  (2019-10-09 07:11:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is a game changer and fun to watch. I have been hoping she will end up Irish. If not, I guess I will be watching some Iowa or Iowa St. games just to see Clark play. I also watch the Ducks as much as possible to see the best player in women’s college basketball.

The possible silent commit could be someone visiting this
by MPG  (2019-10-08 22:54:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

weekend. For example, Maddy Westbeld has finished her other four visits and already knows ND well. Perhaps she has chosen ND and her OV will be the icing on the cake...on the other hand Deja Kelly and Leilani Kapinus are big-time talents. Kapinus, like Caitlin Clark, has kept a lid on her official and home visits. I have a recollection that Kapinus was in top twenty ranking territory before her knee injury a year ago.

That Would Garner a Big Thumbs-Up
by dillon77  (2019-10-09 10:36:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...because I'm sure many of us would love to have a Maddy Westbeld on board for all the reasons we've mentioned. Plus, while she's looked at as a wing or possible high-post positioned forward, she is 6'2" nonetheless and the Irish need overall team height.

Can't see it being Kelly if she's still taking two other OVs (Duke and Texas A&M).

As for Clark, like a few others, I'm just hoping to see her on campus come Friday, then see what plays out.

Thanks for the report...very informative and great to hear some concrete developments (like who is plaing). Marta S. playing in control does not surprise me..she was a solid court general of Tara at Stanford.

Great report! Thank you. Your deduction that it seems most
by sixtythreer  (2019-10-09 09:47:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

likely that Maddy Westbeld is the silent commit seems to be the most probable for the reasons you have stated. Additionally, Muffet sems to have loved Kat and the way she played, and Kat has a great career at ND. That can't hurt. If it's Maddy, great!

On the other hand, if it is Clark, Kelly or Kapinus, I will also be delighted.

Let's hope that
by maverick  (2019-10-08 22:45:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one of the two young ladies coming in this weekend is a "silent commit" and we can nail down the one who isn't this weekend

Reasonable.... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-10-09 08:53:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post