Again
by WaxonWaxoff (2019-10-08 22:27:03)
Edited on 2019-10-08 22:34:26

In reply to: ASGR Unveils New 2021 Rankings; Irish Prospects Abound  posted by dillon77

heavily weighted toward guards, 8/2. I get it's early and there could be transfers out there but when you only have two post players on your wish list, small room for error, very small

As You Said, It's Early....
by dillon77  (2019-10-09 10:16:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And as I hope I inferred, there will undoubtedly be names that start popping up after the 2020 class is put to bed. Hopefully, some of those names will be forwards and/or posts.

But I still don't expect the Irish to be back in the "center-power forward-small forward (wing)" set of old. ND -- and UConn -- for that matter, have not played that way for quite some time with motion offenses that favor passing, cutting and open shots. Yes, a center (or two) is absolutely necessary, but I see it more of a center, forward (Aconwa/Westbeld prototype) and three guards, one of whom is a bit taller. And I think the prospect list will be poroportionate.

Maybe not "positionless" basketball, but more like the recent championship team, where Arike was playing wing d on the 2-3 zone.

agree with your assesment
by WaxonWaxoff  (2019-10-09 10:28:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

time will tell