I Hear You. And There are Other Numbers I'm Also Considering
by dillon77 (2019-10-09 09:58:28)
Edited on 2019-10-09 10:02:58

In reply to: If we get Clark  posted by irishdds

and that's the respective heights of Hayes (5'7") and Kelly (5'8").

If the Irish continue to recruit and play with, in effect, one tall post, one forward and several guards, I think overall team height and size needs to be taken into account. Having one smaller, faster player can be beneficial, but two concerns me when taken as a part of the whole.

(I'm aware that Arike was 5'8", but she is solidly built, played bigger than her size and was alonside 5'11" Marina and 6'0" Jackie. Not to mention she had Jess Shepard, Bri Turner and Koko Nelson in the paint.)

If we get Clark, I think this is a mute point. If we don't, even then I'd wonder where a 5'10" Kapinus fits into the mix. And next year, there's 5'11" Olivia Miles as a prospective PG, along with 5'7" PG Ari Wiggins (there's that height again). And 6'0" Sonia Citro, the off guard who has an offer from ND.

That said, Kelly is a very highly ranked guard with whom there has been a mutual interest since she first appeared at a game on an unofficial visit.
I've got think there is a some method to the madness, whether it's as absolute value and/or giving MM and her staff options.

As usual, stay tuned....