Follow-up Notes
by MPG (2019-10-09 14:32:05)

After the scrimmage sessions, there was an intro session to the two freshmen and the two transfers. Sam Brunelle was the emcee and handled it well. She has a great future in broadcasting and was comfortable talking about herself growing up on a farm in small-town Virginia. She also asked good questions of her teammates. Anaya Peoples was encouraged to discuss how she first started playing with Katlyn Gilbert when they were in second and third grade respectively. They have been friends ever since and both wanted to play for ND at early age. They are looking forward to being on the court together this season and so am I. Anaya did not look like a freshman on the court Tuesday.

Sam noted that Marta was the DC Gatorade Player of the year in both soccer and basketball. I could see that soccer ability on the court because she was so strong on her feet. She has a nice combination of toughness and passing skill.

For what its worth, a Hawkeye Report message board poster believes that Caitlin's decision has been made and will soon be announced. This is the same person who earlier said that ND had pulled its offer to pursue Kapinus. Another poster believes as of this morning that ND will be the choice and that Caitlin will be announce it soon. That timing would be perfect for her ND visit.

Over on Vols Nation, they don't sound optimistic about Maddy Westbeld committing to the Vols.

Wow. Great info! Thanks for all you do! *
by drmurray  (2019-10-09 18:44:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If she has decided, she will keep her visit and commit to ND
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-10-09 15:09:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would make no sense to still visit ND if she had already decided to go elsewhere.

Here's hopin' and a prayin' this is the scenario.

Yes, Thanks. Regarding those Iowa Posts...
by dillon77  (2019-10-09 15:06:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..I read both of the boards and think the same poster made those claims on each of them. I also noticed a few other posters challenging the posts and he/she never got back to them (as in what's the source?).

As an observer, I'm trying to keep an even keel (can't say the fan in me is doing such a good job!) on this. If MM says they've got four commitments, I'd love to think CC is that silent in part because she has been on campus (at least) twice. And hoping MM visited her in September.

In any case, very much hoping to see CC and her parents in the Bend on Friday, joining Maddy W. and Alli C.

Cross fingers and think good thoughts, all! Stay tuned.

Great stuff. Thanks MPG. *
by 2Domer  (2019-10-09 14:41:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post