Question on recruiting
by WaxonWaxoff (2019-10-14 20:36:03)

on the mens side we are always seeing articles on recruits, especially after official visits, ie synopsis of how their visits went, etc,etc. I understand you're never going to hear "I really didn't like what I saw" but just curious as to why we don't see these kind of followups when it comes to womens b-ball? If I missed it I apologize in advance

I'm on a few sites and I'll be real honest...
by supernd  (2019-10-15 21:53:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not worth the time. Posts about the men recruits and articles get literally 5 times as many hits and replies. Only during the tournament is there any real kind of interest. Actually this page right here is the busiest when it comes to ND women's hoops. Be grateful for that.

Agree
by pablo  (2019-10-15 09:19:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I share your frustration. Part of it is the misconception that there is no audience/market for this kind of information and part is because the media gatekeepers (editors) are still predominantly male. This lack of coverage is not unique to ND or women's basketball. It's endemic to women's sports generally.

But the #1 reason we aren't getting info
by drmurray  (2019-10-15 14:55:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan sucks

They Do Have Company
by hempfield75  (2019-10-15 16:10:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan Sucks

But So does USC, Ohio State, Boston College, Miami FL, and FSU

SEG/Chief

Agree 100%, It Amazes Me How There’s Virtually No Info From
by savr27  (2019-10-14 21:09:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

women recruits about their visits or recruiting process. It’s like crickets when trying to find out info on recruiting. Guess the main reason is there are no journalists or recruiting site that actively follows women recruiting like the men

On a slightly different note
by 65domer  (2019-10-15 13:21:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The ND women's softball team has played seven games this fall. There is no information anywhere that I can find saying anything about the games, the players or the results. These are practice games but I can read as much as I want about men's football practices or basketball scrimmages, and I do read all I can, but UND.com hardly acknowledges that these softball games were even played. Nor can I find anything anywhere about them including ndnation. And

Michigan sucks, of course.

UND
by hempfield75  (2019-10-15 16:19:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Has changed their format 2 or 3 times the past few years. It has become
more difficult to follow the minor sports. Good examples are the Tennis
womens and mens, golf, swimming, and fencing. There are more but these
ones ring a bell off the top of my head. The top of the board will give
their schedule but not final results or recaps. That is for both mens
and womens sports.

SEG/Chief

There seems to be a gentlemen's agreement in certain
by MPG  (2019-10-15 14:00:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sports not to report the results of "fall ball" scrimmages against other universities. And if there is a result that is posted on twitter, it won't have any details of the scoring. You can check the und.com equivalents at other schools to see how this plays out.

Women's basketball always has a controlled scrimmage against a Big Ten opponent and it is not publicized. Last year, it was against MSU at ND as reported by MSU's coach before the NCAA game vs. ND in March.

It's One Reason Why So Many of Us Turn To Blogs...
by dillon77  (2019-10-15 11:00:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..like this, The Boneyard and others to glean information. Not to mention folks like ND Hoops Recruits, Raoul, SkinsHoops86, etc. The Howard Megdals, Mechelle Voepels of the world are few and far in between. Heck, Voepel does double duty for ESPNw and the WNBA.

Anthony Anderson is on the beat for South Bend Tribune during certain months, from what I can notice ascertain.

I play in a Sunday morning league and a guy I know said he "almost missed the entire WNBA finals" until a female colleague asked him about it. He didn't see any promos. And what the heck about putting it on ESPN2, while the flagship showed....get it...NBA preseason games?

As for Muffet, I think she's a coach that likes to operate under the radar (as much as possible) for recruiting. Geno A. only drops information to certain beat reporters when necessary. I find that programs that are trying to get up in stature tend to let reporters -- if available -- know their moves.

Poster on Irish Sports Daily
by Dave Winkler  (2019-10-14 21:45:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a pay site so I can't link the post. He/she (tcbrindle) states that Westbeld is hard to read but high confidence that Clark will pick ND. Have no idea how connected the poster is but hope the info is correct on Clark. However, we do very much want Westbeld as well. This roster needs to be replenished!

by Mike  (2019-10-15 11:06:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would just say that post is a good one.

TC
by txirish74  (2019-10-14 23:22:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is both knowledgeable and connected. Have read his posts and talked with him in person, and while you can never tell in recruiting, but hearing this from him on ISD made me feel much better.

Thanks Dave For The Info, But Maddie Committing Elsewhere
by savr27  (2019-10-14 21:53:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would really hurt. Hope that info on Clark is spot on

Your post stopped my heart for a second
by Orangutan  (2019-10-14 23:58:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Until I read the full post and saw you were only discussing a hypothetical.

"Maddy committing Elsewhere" scared me!

I know, right? Thought the same. Another ones gone! *
by Jon  (2019-10-15 10:23:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cross Fingers, Think Good Thoughts. Go Irish!
by dillon77  (2019-10-15 10:45:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and stay tuned.