A Anderson article on Sniezek and walk-ons
by RISteve (2019-10-17 21:52:51)

Circle of (basketball) life
by NDoggie78  (2019-10-18 16:52:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jenna Brown de-committing from ND and enrolling at Stanford, caused ND to recruit Jordan Nixon. Jordan Nixon transferring probably helped Marta's decision to come to ND (and definitely created the need for ND). Jenna Brown being at Stanford helped fill all the spots and the need for Marta at Stanford

Another good article: we will enjoy watching Marta! *
by MPG  (2019-10-17 22:50:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems Very Engaging. Appreciate Her Candor ...
by dillon77  (2019-10-18 14:00:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... in regards to the circumstances surrounding her departure from Stanford/arrival at ND:

"... Stanford recruits very well and recruits a lot of people, so there were 15 on the roster now (the maximum number of scholarship players) and no scholarship spots available.”

Children in large families -- particularly those in "the middle" or younger strata have to find ways to "get theirs," so to spek, and Marta did that.
You can see how that she's bonded with everyone from summer school until now just by looking at the videos and pictures.

I remember those games against Stanford all so well and she was a factor in both...tough kid then and I'm sure that quality has stuck. Look forward to all her contributions.

p.s. For another dicscussion, but the difference bewteen Stnford's recruiting approach and ours is interesting.

The interaction between Marta and Anaya on the court
by MPG  (2019-10-19 10:04:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

during the open practice and the pick-up games with the recruits was impressive to me. I had hoped to see the same chemistry between Anaya and Katlyn, but Katlyn has not been on the court yet this fall.

In regard to Stanford's full fifteen recruiting strategy, I am not aware of them losing or adding regular transfers. ND has certainly benefited from two grad transfers from there.

Regarding That Scrimmage....
by dillon77  (2019-10-19 11:02:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...was Destinee' on the floor? I've read that she feels she's "80-90% there," but feels her stamina is behind, which is to be expected, given how long she's been on the shelf.

That said, if Destinee is still working into shape and Katlyn is not yet on the floor (she apparently pulled a muscle according to MM in a recent video interview), will that put Abby on the floor as a starter with Marta, Mik, Sam and Anaya? Cant see any other option really. Abby, after all, has the most ND experience of that group.

Here is Something Different
by hempfield75  (2019-10-19 18:11:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How about running the old 2-1-2. Marta and Anaya backcourt, MIK in the
middle and Sam and Cosgrove on the wings. Cosgrove would love to take the
3's...Just a thought.

SEG/Chief

Destinee did not play pick-up, but did play a few minutes
by MPG  (2019-10-19 14:37:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the scrimmage. She looked rusty, but her athleticism was obvious. Abbie looked good enough to start, but bringing energy from the bench seems to be an ideal role for her. She is now looking to shoot when open.

Thx for Report. Not Saying Abby Should Start...
by dillon77  (2019-10-19 16:23:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..but thinking that if Katlyn's not back from her injury (ies) and Destinee is not in proper shape at the beginning of the year, it may be the logical step to put Abby in as the starter until either Katlyn or Destinee is ready.

I agree that Abby's energy can give a shot off the bench. Am also glad to see she's looking for her shot. She has excellent form on her free throws, so she should have a decent jumper when left alone.

Abby's game
by NDLOVE42  (2019-10-19 17:48:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to me is much better than everybody seems to give her credit for. I was at every home game and watched almost of the rest on TV.
She has a really good release and shooting motion. When she was in last year
she would almost always defer to someone else to take the shot but I could see that she could have gotten or taken the shot most of the time. Stay tuned,I think she's going to surprise a lot of people with her improvement
this year.

She needs to demand the ball more.
by PWK2  (2019-10-20 11:28:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She needs to take twice as many shots as last year. Her shooting form looks good.