Great post. Do you have any insight on transfers in
by drmurray (2020-02-16 14:13:12)

In reply to: Lots of reasons to assume ND will be a top 20 team next year  posted by btd

or is that more of a hopeful wish?

Too early for the portal to have players. Less hope and
by btd  (2020-02-16 16:26:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

more that I firmly believe MM is much more tuned into the need to go after transfers harder than she ever has before. I think last cycle taught her a lot about the new world order of women's basketball and we see that some with her statements about getting more players on scholarship going forward.

Last year ND had nothing to sell a transfer. The whole world knew we were going to be close to what we actually are this season once Jackie left. Transfers don't want to go somewhere that can't win -- or where they can't play.

This year ND has a lot to sell a transfer.

1) Guaranteed to play -- a forward likely to start. No difference here.

2) ND will be a top 20 team at worst next year -- and higher with an elite transfer. All my points in the other post are selling points we didn't have last year that we now have.

I think it is only a matter of who the transfer is, not if there is one. The quality versus whether one will happen at all.

Also, hope Destinee gets that extra year. *
by BIG MAC  (2020-02-16 17:28:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pretty important for us. The rust is off now and with a
by btd  (2020-02-16 19:04:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More experienced and deeper team next year she could be a consistent double figure scorer that would be hard to replace if she doesn’t get a 6th year.