MM Agrees on Mik: "Playing on One Leg"
by dillon77 (2020-02-24 07:49:44)

In reply to: "and then she was injured". You answered your own  posted by BTD

In her presser, MM said Mik is, in effect, playing on one leg and "giving it everything she's got" (or something to that effect). Hopefully, she'll be able to get back to where she was pre-Fordham.

I was at the Fordham game and she looked very strong and energetic before going down in the third quarter.

Injuries have been problematic for Mik and the team. However, if she can come back to the Fordham status, the Irish will most certainly have a starter. My one caveat is that they play her more at the low post -- a la Bri -- where she can go straight to the hoop, as she did at the end of the Syracuse game.

One minor disagreement: I don't think Maddy Westbeld is the same player as Sam. Yes, she's 6'2" (or 6'3" depending on what you read) and can shoot from distance. However, in the early season tournament games I watched her (against solid teams), she was very at home at the top of the key and in the paint. She's got an understated toughness about her (like Kat) to get rebounds and get her shot off inside. Plus...and this is why I think she's made for positioning at the elbow -- her vision and calm is top-rate for a HS senior. The Irish are missing that now.