Thanks, CharlesT, MPG, and Dillon - interesting topic
by BabaGhanouj (2020-02-25 11:46:15)
Edited on 2020-02-25 12:39:39

In reply to: Thx., Charles for the Summer and MPG for the Admission Input  posted by dillon77

I think the "N" in CharlesT's note stands for "number" (of recruits he followed for his summary post).

MPG, obviously, has issues with CharlesT's analysis. I assume MPG is correct and that a recruit can not commit unless an offer has been given. I question CharlesT's analysis. Sorry.

First of all I don't believe there is any "problem" with ND WBB recruiting. Each year depends on needs, but mainly on the individual student athletes graduating from high school. Some years there will be top 5 high school players who are attracted to Notre Dame; some years there will not. We learned from the ridiculous upheaval on the Boneyard that missing a recruit or two does not mean one can no longer recruit top talent. At this time, I'm not worried about ND recruiting.

Yes, Notre Dame needs those transcripts and SAT scores, but I personally feel we are not much different than other schools. Now that college women's basketball is part of powerful publicity to promote the university, the better the player, the more relaxed the admissions. I know some very good schools allow a couple of "freebies" by the athletic coach (within reason). We all know of a few fantastic women basketball players recently at ND who were not, nor ever intended to be scholars.