Some thoughtrs
by Hulabuddha (2020-05-13 10:10:09)

In reply to: Associate HC for ND WBB job announcement  posted by Fighting_Artichoke

I’ll play.
Some starting thoughts:
Coach Owens has said several times that she will leave when Muffet leaves. That might not be the case in that Muffet’s retirement was likely pushed up for whatever reasons(s). Coach Owens probably expected to stay another three to five years. But, that understanding doesn’t apply now in that Muffet’s leaving was not expected.
Ten years’ experience is an “ideal” regardless of how it’s written. If someone was perfect for the position and only had nine years’ experience … This requirement is like the “male or female” text also in the Description. I doubt if a male really has a chance.
A lot of what Coach Ivey does is likely predicated on what Coach Cunningham wishes to do. I don’t think Coach Ivey is wedded to whatever Coach Cunningham wants to do, and I don’t this is Coach Cunningham’s call; but if they can work something out acceptable to both, I think that will happen.
We have not had the success we deserve in recruiting taller players, for whatever reason.
Success in recruiting must be a key aspect of this new coach’s background.
Some of you might have some additional thoughts to add.
So, what do I think is happening and will be the result?
I’m betting Coach Owens is leaving and Coach Cunningham and Coach Ivey have come to an agreement as to when Coach Cunningham leaves, probably within the next two years.
Like several of you have stated, I believe this job posting is a formality. I believe Coach Ivey has her coach in the wings and she will shortly go through the venting process.
I further believe this new coach is coming from outside the program, no particular geographic focus needed.
My final speculative comment is this new coach will likely have an ACC or Big Ten background.
Chip away.