stat missing how many top recruits stayed at original school
by NDoggie78 (2020-05-13 11:13:11)

In reply to: A Look at WCB Recruiting Over 10 Years  posted by dillon77

Look how many recruits Louisville and Duke have lost. And even UConn - and ourselves - haven't kept all the highly ranked recruits in those numbers.

It would be interesting to add two more columns:
Top Ranked Recruits Who Transferred OUT
Top Ranked Recruits Who Transferred IN

Great article, thanks, and, yes, a couple of pieces missing.
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-13 12:10:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As NDoggie says, there are recruits out of high school and recruits out of college. For example, I was just reviewing my recruiting information from South Carolina. For the 2016-17 season they received as transfers, for one year only (both elected for the draft), Allisha Gray and Kaela Davis. They won the championship that year.

I've been putting together more sophisticated charts with, not just top 10 or top 100 recruits, but average ratings for all recruits at each college, with the years spent there, in order to really pinpoint the best recruiting schools vs. the best performance schools. (Mississippi State, as Dillon mentioned, has done crazy well with little. Their highest rated recruit, by far, was Rickea Jackson last year.) My charts have a few other bells and whistles, but I think the article covers the ground pretty well.

It matters where in the top 10 the recruit is ranked. UConn has been master of receiving the no. 1 recruit, which has served them well.

If next year's season progresses, I'll be presenting some of the stats with possible conclusions for discussion. Hopefully I'll even have some criteria to judge if some rating services are better than others in predicting college success.