Clarifications to last paragraph
by irishrudy (2020-05-15 12:44:37)

In reply to: Intriguing Post: A Few Questions....  posted by dillon77

Sorry If I didn't make my thoughts clear. I can get lost while doing multiple things.

I firmly believe the entire hoops staff knew MM was thinking or at least planning to leave prior to covid. Did Beth think she would get the job. I doubt it because every interview heard since is that this plan was in place a few years ago. MM being a great leader and mentor, I am sure shared with a CO and BC that it would be Niele's job. If Beth felt once the season was over that Niele may not keep her I believe she would have started looking for other jobs if she wanted out of SB- out of that amazing forever house for her kids, away from family she is close too, from a University she loves where she left a program that was very stable (she built).
In my opinion, Notre Dame should have found a way to keep her within the university. That's just my opinion. Reggie Brooks job opened up in the last month.

Thanks for Clarification and Further Thoughts...
by dillon77  (2020-05-15 13:59:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..appreciated.

When many of us were in "pondering out loud" mode on who would be leaving, I theorized that Jack S. could find a way to keep the "un-chosen" at ND (although my specific line of thinking was for Michaela).

One would think the Brooks position might be, at least, a position for discussion...if Beth is interested.

Agree that this is a business and Niele gets to choose her staff, but this ia a more than capable coach (both HC and AHC) who did a bunch for this program and university. If nothing internal, I'm hopeful that outreach is well in play for external possibilities.

Good luck all the way around.

Agree they shouldve found a way to keep her in some capacity
by NDoggie78  (2020-05-15 13:17:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I realize it's a business, but her banner is hanging on the Ring of Honor for gosh sakes

It's possible they did
by MSND2  (2020-05-15 23:41:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and she decided she rather stay in coaching instead. MM leaving forced hear out of her comfort zone - stay and take a job that doesn't suit you OR stay in your profession but have to move. I would think MM and/or ND had a backup plan for both Asst HCs. I think we'll see her as a head coach very soon. It's all speculation, but the way MM took the bullet willingly last season makes me think she made sure her longtime assts. Would be ok.