Agree with Kayo and MPG Points
by dillon77 (2020-05-28 11:27:23)

In reply to: Lou Somogyi has a good article on the staff topic.  posted by MPG

and will add:

- Coaching responsibilties of this staff match up well with positions.
-- Carol Owens obviously will continue to work with the posts/big forwards;
-- I'm guessing Washington will have primary dibs on the point guards, given the fact that she's played the position and developed PG's like Niele and Megan Duffy (Yes, the fact that those two are now D1 Head Coaches is not lost on me).

This will be important this year with expanding Katlyn Gilbert and Alasia Hayes' skill sets (if that's still the plan). And it will become huge when prized recruit Olivia Miles will probably be handed the keys to the car when she arrives in 2021.

- Michaela Mabrey was the point guard coach last year and while she knows the position, she was, after all, an off-guard at ND. My guess is that she'll do very well with shooters like Destinee Walker and Sam Brunelle and will be attached to the hip of players like Alli Campbell and Sonia Citron.

- As MPG and I went back and forth on, Niele will probably be her own de facto recruiting director for the first two years (details below), but Coquese and Michaela will be involved on macro and mico issues, while Carol will focus on bigs. Coquese, btw, has always done well with Michigan recruiting, so will be interesting to keep track of that. I'd love to see Michaela hit the Jersey Shore, now that nearby metro players Miles and Citron are aboard.