Someone from ND's two recent Championship games should be on
by NDoggie78 (2020-05-29 15:31:29)

In reply to: Stewie and Jewel pick WBB All-Decade team. Good read  posted by RISteve

Maybe because they were a team and not an individual, but still think Jess or Arike (maybe Jackie - she was #1 pick in draft) should be there before Shoni Shimmel or Sabally

Shimmel was not that impressive but I disagree about Sabally
by GriffinGold16  (2020-05-29 17:14:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's a specimen. Ultra athletic. She's a beast already and still has such a high ceiling. I would probably trade her for most people on the ND roster from 2017-2019 if I wasn't emotionally attached to our players.

So Oregon deserved 2 players off their team and ND 0?
by NDoggie78  (2020-06-01 09:35:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe Sabally will be all you said and you can talk about upside (the reason Jackie was drafted #1), but this was about college players/college careers not about "potential".

I don't see anyway you can rate Sabally ahead of Arike. Just by career stats:
Points per game: Arike 17.6 / Sabally 14.4
Rebounds per game: Arike 4.6 / Sabally 5.6
Assists per game: Arike 2.4 / Sabally 2.0
Steals per game: Arike 1.3 / Sabally 1.1
Assist/turnover ratio: Arike 1.3 / Sabally 1.1

Then you add winning one National Championship, playing in two, having the game winning shot in 2 Final Four games back to back.

And as I said, this was supposed to be about what they did in collage, but Arike has also shown she can do it in the WNBA.

And all 5 starters on that 2018/2019 team were better in college than Shoni Shimmel. I just made an argument for Arike over Sabally, there is a pretty good argument for Jackie and Jess too

Love This! Like Most Humans, Me Thinks They're Picking...
by dillon77  (2020-05-29 15:48:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..what they know best, from around their time frames. Arike could've been Shoni, Jess could've been Ace. But here are things I loved reading:

- Comments on Skylar
- Stewie: Head of the snake. Raised visibility of the game. Just great observation!
- Jewell: She kept us accountable. Loved that. Sky as boss.

- Comments on K-mac:
- Stewie: Really hard to guard. One dribble pull-up (good in college, just as good now).

- Overall ND:
- Stewie: PTSD from playing ND! LoL! Kudos to Sky, K-Mac, Jewell.

- Comments on Ace:
- Jewell. Man she just loved playing with Ace. The references to her is something we've all talked about here: Ace ran the Princeton offense from the high post. To some degree, we're still looking for an Ace, a Kat, a Jess (when she wasn't pounding you down low). Kudos to her pro and international career, as well.

Fun stuff.

I love it too. The classic 'team capt's picking squads'.
by Jon  (2020-05-29 17:30:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always fun, no matter the sport or level. Always delightfully controversial.