Only 6 of the 18 players chosen (including BS/JL) were on NC
by Domerduck (2020-05-29 21:25:10)

In reply to: Stewie and Jewel pick WBB All-Decade team. Good read  posted by RISteve

teams-the 4 UConn players (Moore, Charles, KLM, & Stewart), Aja Wilson of SC, & Griner of Baylor. Another observations is there were 5 players who 4 time NC Breanna Stewart played against in her 5 losses: the 4 ND players who caused her PTSD with 3 of the losses (Jewell, KMac, Skylar, & Ace) & Griner who beat her that same year. I also thought Nneka who was chosen played in Stewart's only other loss, Stanford in 2014, but she didn't when I checked the box score and then realized she graduated in 2012.

A third observation is only 3 coaches had multiple players-Geno & Muffet with their 4 each and Graves who had 3: Vandersloot from Gonzaga & Ionescu/Sabally at Oregon who were the only 2 from this year. Those 2 plus Plum and Wilson were the only four of 16 players who played after 2015 so they certainly biased when the two of them were playing and who they've played against in the WNBA who happened to play during the decade.

I like their list, especially since 6 of the players came from my two alma maters and only 4 came from UConn who had a team in the Final 4 every year and won 5 championships during the decade. I even like the pick of Shoni since she is a kid from Portland, Oregon and such a fearless gamer. You can see how that L'ville NCAA win against Baylor/Griner in 2013 impacted both Loyd & Stewart thinking. I also can see why it was hard to pick a player from the ND 2018 championship team since they were more of a team vs 1 player (other than Arike F4 heroics.)

Fun read.