I am not predicting anything
by Kayo (2020-05-30 23:47:35)

In reply to: I hope you are right  posted by wrathofsorin

So it isn't a matter of being right or wrong.

What I am saying is that we should wait to see what happens before we get pissed off because there are options that might be satisfactory for everyone involved. Why get upset before there's a reason to get upset?

We'll learn what's next for Ms Cunningham soon enough. If it turns out thay she hasn't been treated well at that point, I'll join in the criticism.

I agree with waiting before one gets "pissed off",
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-31 16:46:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and, as goIrish says, it seems likely that it's not Beth's style to seek publicity, but the first line of the ND Insider/South Bend Tribune article on May 18 reads "Beth Cunningham and Notre Dame are parting ways." I can't vouch for the accuracy of Anthony Anderson, but he's been pretty good in the past.

Probably Landing Right in the Middle of A FewTakes...
by dillon77  (2020-05-31 09:14:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- IrishRudy sets a very plausible scenario and MPG is with him on that

- WrathofSorin does a much better job than I did of addressing the assistant part of the succession plan: the rest of this was handled very smoothly (hell, even Boneyarders were impressed), so this lag is drawing attention to itself.

- Kayo's thoughts on the situation (perhaps) needing some time and air are good ones, too. (I've used the word hopefully). In this day and age where news cycles come and go in shorter time frames, I guess most of us expect instant solutions. In reality, the right solution sometimes takes time, particularly for the right person.

- Beth is a right person and I think there is vast agreement on that.
Let's hope the "right thing" comes about...