I did not realize Taya and team created the slogan
by RISteve (2020-06-05 15:28:58)

In reply to: I was hoping Taya & other members of the team get royalties  posted by NDoggie78

Interesting. Certainly has been brought to light in 2020. Thanks for info

I think there's a misunderstanding and misattribution
by lenny97  (2020-06-05 18:47:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you're like me and follow NDWBB but spend zero time following the NBA, you might have read about the event that Baba references.

In the espn article about it, I quote, "Forward Taya Reimer said the team came up with the idea..." and also "...which the players had made and paid for themselves..." This happened on Dec 13, 2014.

So in my ignorance of the rest of the sports world, and confirming my bias that ND is awesome, at the time, I concluded that the shirt itself was an ND Team creation. But this thread went weird, so I dug some more.

Lebron and other NBA players wore the shirts on December 8, 2014. In light of this fact, I reinterpret the quotes to mean the idea was to wear the shirts that Lebron & co already had, not to create a shirt/slogan. So it wasn't Taya's design. TIL. Maybe Baba fell into the same trap as me.

⬆︎⬆︎⬆︎ Wow. If what you are saying is true,
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-06-05 19:30:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and after checking it does appear you are correct, then, yes, I fell deeply into that trap. Like you, I truly was under the impression that it was Taya's design. My apology. Forget this whole thread. My bias also is showing. ND is not as creative as I thought.

Thank you lenny!

Hundreds of unarmed black men being murdered
by Murcer68  (2020-06-05 17:19:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(actually probably much more than that) are probably the creators of this phrase.

Is this sarcasm? *
by NDBass  (2020-06-05 15:35:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post