We need to improve our recruiting of 4s and 5s
by BIG MAC (2020-06-08 11:44:51)

In reply to: Does there have to be a point?  posted by BabaGhanouj

Both in quality and quantity. We traditionally have done very well recruiting smart and talented guards.

You seem to feel strongly about this. *
by PWK2  (2020-06-09 17:05:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actually
by BIG MAC  (2020-06-09 19:12:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do. Didn't think my post looked all that strong, but definitely we need to find some bigs.

Just messing with you re. the duplicate posts. *
by PWK2  (2020-06-10 14:39:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Point Taken. But Don't Discount Nat Marshall
by dillon77  (2020-06-10 05:40:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- 6'5" with wingspan.
- Very athletic; quick on her feet
- Blocks shots well
- Light right now, but weight training will undoubtedly help.
- Very smart, engaging person who will embrace all of ND.

She was the lynchpin to the 2018-19 Christ the King team that won the NYState Title. Many other scoring guards/wings around her, but when they were injured at various times during the year, she stepped up her scoring to fill the void.

- With gyms shut, she's probably behind in rehab from ACL that wiped out her 19-20 season (bad year for a lot of folks, right?).
- And, yes, she probably needs to develop what her game is once she's back. Might take a bit, but the physical tools and skill set are there.
Niele spent a lot of time in Queens recruiting her, so she's convinced.
- Niele needs to get complementary bigs around/with her (see Timea Gardiner, Ayanna Patterson). Heck, let's go after 6'7" Betts and have a Baylor-like front line for, like, the first time ever!

Great Breakdown
by hempfield75  (2020-06-10 17:24:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1 more true post makes this a team that is 2 teams in one. You could have
complete 5 rotation keeping the whole team fresh. The mix and matching
against opponents will be their worse night mare. If we can get Betts and
A. Patterson. NI can take a chance on the local girl Mila Reynolds. I would
put Betts as the keys in 2022 recruiting with AP a close 2nd. 2022 and
completely loaded and I believe favors ND with so many players in their
recruiting area.

SEG/Chief

I'm not, how could I overlook a New Yorker?
by BIG MAC  (2020-06-10 11:16:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do worry about her knee though. I'd like to see Dani Cosgrove develop into a more physical inside presence; she has the potential to do it.

I'll Take a Positive, but Realistic, View on Her Knee Rehab.
by dillon77  (2020-06-11 10:01:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..it's her first injury and she's young, energetic, lithe and healthy. (Having had the pleasure of sitting next to she and her mom at the Fordham game).

Remember, players can come back from these injuries: Jess Shepard had an ACL in high school.

This is tempered by the fact that all athletes are different. Bri had a pretty extended recovery state...she's great now, but it took awhile to come back and get her "burst" back.

And Nat has not had the benefit of gyms being opened, so she is probably a behind on her workouts. In fact, depending on what happens with the season, it will be interesting to see if she suits up or takes a medical redshirt.