Theoretically, 3 Point Shooting in 2021-22 Should Be Good
by dillon77 (2020-06-08 17:33:26)

In reply to: I'm not sure any one model guarantees a National  posted by sixtythreer

- Sam Brunelle will be a junior.
- Alli Campbell will be a sophomore.
- Sonia Citron and Olivia Miles will be on board.

Three pointers and Maddy Westbeld and Alasia Hayes are not the first things that come to mind, but Maddy has range.

In a similar vein, I'll be interested to see how Abby Prohaska's long-range shooting is upon her return. Katlyn Gilbert and Anaya Peoples relied on mid-range and drives a lot in 2019-20. Let's see if that range is expanded.

Lastly, there still might be another 2021 coming aboard who has accuracy and range at all distances (that would Fudd. Azzi Fudd.)

Ditto on Abby
by PWK2  (2020-06-09 16:59:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her first year, she was a rather one-dimensional defense and hustle (okay, two-dimensional) player. She could be a big-time contributor if she doubled the number of flat-footed jump shots she takes, assuming she makes a reasonable percentage. She doesn't have to drive, rebound or pass for assists much.

Ha, ha, I agree. Plus I'm interested in 2020-21
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-06-08 17:52:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if it comes to pass. I'm completely bias but think Sam will really light 'em up this year. If they stick racks of balls at the 3-pt line, we know she would be the best.

I'm also hoping that Katlyn Gilbert will break out this year. I think she is just too good to be an average shooter. I understand she will have added responsibly with ball handling.

Ali and Maddy will be interesting to watch. I'm not sure how good Miles or Hayes will be beyond the 3-pt line.

Miles Has a Good Stroke....
by dillon77  (2020-06-08 18:10:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..she didn't (have to) shoot a lot of threes in Chile (Citron and Verhulst did!) The two times I've seen her in person she made sure to take a few threes, more to keep defenses honest than probably anything else. But she's got the range.

Simply don't have enough tape/views of Hayes to even make a good guess!!
That's why it's stay tuned time....

Good thread, thanks.