You're Welcome. It's Fun To Add a Mabrey To an ND Post....
by dillon77 (2020-06-12 13:21:24)

In reply to: Thanks for the local article  posted by RISteve

...on the Boneyard and feel the collective angst level rise. You start seeing words like flop, whiny, what did you expect. It's like a dog whistle was blown!

That's not everyone though...many hoops fans know what the Mabreys do for ND and I think Skyler nailed it -- "dubs." The sisters play to win and while they contribute in different ways outside of the long bombs, they push for that.

I like the "wave idea" a lot, as does MPG. Niele is on record as saying she wants to be high-scoring and keep the pressure on. How better than guards like Dara, Anaya, Katlyn, Abby, Alasia, Olivia and Sonia (21' version).

BTW, while always keeping hope up, if Fudd goes to Storrs or somewhere else, I expect Niele to go after KK Bransford hard. If she does not pan out, I'll push hard for Madison St. Rose of St. John Vianney on the Shore. State MVP as a sophomore. Similar player to Bransford...combo guard who draws fouls.

Prefer
by Meeee  (2020-06-16 18:17:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d actually prefer Paris Clark of Long Island Lutheran. Saw them play against each other late in the HS season. A battle of two Top 20 HS teams. And Clark seemed to be the better player. Clark’s game has taken off this year since Celeste Taylor graduated. ND was at a preseason open gym to see her play before the start of the season. Clark is ranked 16th by Blue Star b-ball and was 5th team HS AA by Max Preps this season. But since Coach McGraw is gone. Does Coach Ivey have any interest?

Have Not Seen Any Interest in Clark or St. Rose
by dillon77  (2020-06-27 11:27:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for guards in the Class of 2022.

Thanks for your post and insights. I'm running out the door to do a few errands but a cursory look at Uncle Internet shows they're rated somewhat equally by Dan Olson (42- St. Rose, 44 - Clark), look to be about the same height and both are combo guards. And both had great seasons with Clark being LI Player of the Year and St. Rose the same in NJ.

I'll take your word for it in the one game they played...the LI Lutheran/Manasquan game I saw was one of the best HS games I've watched in a decade. Mabrey was exceptional and Taylor a very steady, all-round presence.

Excellent coach at Lutheran who keeps producing excellent D-1 guards (Grace Stone at Princeton, Taylor at UT and now Clark).

As for Niele's interest, hmmm. She was away last year and Beth M-C oversaw the ship, but I was not aware of trips to LI or the Jersey Shore and when she cam back Niele went to the wells she dug, with Citron (whom I adore as a player) and Miles (the moons the proverbial balloon).

ND has had strong interest in Bransford for years and I've got to think it's all systems go for her, particularly if Fudd - as expected - goes elsewhere.

If that's the case, back-up is a good idea. St. Rose, Clark...get the names and games to Niele: she'll go see them if she likes them. Plus LaGuardia's just been upgraded :-)

I dont know
by Meeee  (2020-06-29 23:55:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t know either if ND has any interest in Clark? All I know is that they came to see her before the season. As for St Rose. She is a very nice player. I had seen her play a couple times last year. In the game against Luhi and Clark. Her team got routed. And she struggled. I think she finished with 10 points. I left in the middle of the 4th with Luhi up by 30. I had thought it would have been a better game if two top 20 teams were playing each other. But that’s basketball. And you are correct. The Luhi vs Manasquan was a great game, one of the best HS games I have seen.

So You and I Were Both at the Game...
by dillon77  (2020-07-01 09:17:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the Manasquan vs Luhi game? Great gym to be in.

Got to give Manasquan credit for managing to be competitive year in, year out. Now a lot has to do with the Mabrey-Masonius-Clark families, but the youth/AAU organizations feeding into them continually seem to develop kids.

And Lisa Kukoda seems to have her charges' respect, which is always helpful. Transfers in also help.

Don't need to sell me on Lutheran....great program, year-in, year-out.

I saw St. Rose and her team vs. Red Bank Catholic and their sophs Justine Pissott and Ally Carman. St. Rose just managed to draw contact time and time again. Pissott has a stroke...really would've like to see her play on the Belles with Olivia Miles, Sonia Citron and St. Rose this summer.

Look forward to your posts on all fronts when and if the gyms light up again. (knock on some playing surface).