Not ND news but Asia Durr has Covid-19. Will miss season.
by ProV1x (2020-07-08 12:30:46)

Nasty break for her.

Why must she miss the season?
by BIG MAC  (2020-07-08 13:34:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does she have a really severe case? Collateral damage? One thing I have noticed with this virus is the incredibly wide range of outcomes. She is young, an athlete, and a woman, seems like she has some factors on her side. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

I Think You Answered Your Own Question
by dillon77  (2020-07-08 14:33:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To wit: "One thing I have noticed with this virus is the incredibly wide range of outcomes."

An 88-year-old former neighbor of mine growing up caught it and her son texted my and I thinking "this was it." She checked out of the hospital three days later and is doing volunteer work at testing sites.

Two young (30-year olds) who work as journalists picked it up in mid-April and both of them have recovered, but have been sluggish since then.

Who knows how Asia is doing? I think I read something that she's had a tought go with it.

Since Covid-19 is, well, Covid-19, it's got some unique characteristics that no one knows about.

I just heard another one brought up today in the discussion about opening up schools in that so few under-10 year olds have been tested, there's simply not enough data to know what happens with them when they have it.

Testing, Time, Temperment (really meant patience, but couldn't find another word like it)

Sure
by BIG MAC  (2020-07-09 12:36:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My question was to clarify if she has a severe case and is definitely out, or whether we are speculating on her being out. That's all.

Yes. Different people react differently. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-08 15:44:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was a deadline for "Medical High Risk" players
by soc  (2020-07-08 14:30:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to declare themselves ineligible (and I assume maintain their standing, not mess up the roster possibilities, etc.). She'd been tested a full month ago and still having difficulty with the recovery.

OK. That's solid. *
by BIG MAC  (2020-07-09 12:38:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post