Olivia Miles talks about Notre Dame.
by BabaGhanouj (2020-07-28 16:08:54)
Edited on 2020-07-28 16:09:55

I can't praise Olivia Miles enough. She's made me forget Paige …(what's her name?) I think she's quicker than Paige.

If you haven't seen this, you may like it.

Question for all
by maverick  (2020-07-31 15:53:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do some of the players like a Miles stay in touch with other top players like a Betts or Patterson similar to what Blake Fisher does in football? I'm talking recruiting them like Paige is doing with Fudd.

Absolutely (I would think).
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-31 16:36:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The key word is "some". Paige, obviously. BB Junky mentioned Diamond DeShields. Sam, I'm sure, tries. And we have heard from her own mouth that Olivia would like to help out with recruiting.

I Think We've Already Seen Some Evidence Thereof...
by dillon77  (2020-07-31 20:42:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...while Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron were aware of one another on the AAU circuit, they got to know, admire and like each other while playing together on the USA team in Chile. Sonia goes into it at length in one article.

As such, gotta believe that Olivia and/or Sonia might have further connections to that USA team, particularly with the members who are class of 2022.

Thanks to both of you on your insight * *
by maverick  (2020-08-01 13:59:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe that the commitment of Olivia Miles will be very
by MPG  (2020-07-29 14:58:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

helpful in recruiting a couple of prime front court prospects in 2022 because they know that they can count on Olivia to deliver the ball to them. And if they are good rebounders, she will be a great receiver for their outlet passes. Niele will have her teams playing aggressively and Olivia will be in the middle of it all.

What is especially impressive about her
by BIG MAC  (2020-07-30 09:41:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She could be scoring 25+ on a regular basis, but she puts team first. Very mature approach to the game.

Smart and mature about a lot of things, it appears to me. *
by 2Domer  (2020-07-30 10:14:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t know which was more exciting...
by Tim Kelley  (2020-07-29 10:02:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

getting a much better feel for her as a player, leader and person or her great comments about Niele.

Like the rest of you, I can’t wait to see her on the court at ND.

She rocks!!! Very exciting player and very well spoken
by drmurray  (2020-07-29 07:39:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A true leader on and off the court. I'm looking forward to cheering her on!

I think Davie gets credit for that. *
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-07-29 17:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that bastard *
by drmurray  (2020-07-29 20:42:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Purcell may be the new Great Western Forum with Miss Miles. *
by Jon  (2020-07-29 01:16:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A Pa(i)ge Blanker?
by dillon77  (2020-07-28 16:30:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If that's the case, I see for Miles (cue Pete Townshend).

When I saw her game at Blair, they were not challenged by that good a team and what I was struck by was how much better an athlete she was than virtually anyone else there, particularly in her acceleration or "burst" speed as I like to call it.

When watching the tournament in Chile, I just loved watching her as the field general, working with Citron, Verhulst, Betts, etc., She knew whom to use against what team in certain situations. She can score when she wants to, but more importantly, if she feels she needs to. Winning, as she said here on the tape, is the key goal.

Lucky Irish.

She is so dynamic!!
by irishdds  (2020-07-28 16:53:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

......although she does come close to (what we use to call) palming the ball

Watch the NBA.
by PWK2  (2020-07-29 17:01:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every point guard palms on every possession. The game would be completely different if the rule was enforced.

Oh, she definitely palms the ball! As you say, a no call. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-28 17:08:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A very articulate young woman. And she's fun to watch
by sixtythreer  (2020-07-28 19:21:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the court.

I Love Olivia’s Game!
by JBC_MO  (2020-07-29 17:22:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I love Olivia’s game as a player. She enjoys passing more than scoring. Paige on the other hand; don’t get me wrong, she’s a good player, but she seems annoying to me. Especially watching some of her and Azzi’s videos. I truly do wonder now if Azzi will pick UConn to go with her BFF. I saw that Azzi had Maryland shorts on at her AAU games over the past weekend I believe. Should be interesting....