Transfer portal
by WAYOFJAY19_ (2021-04-13 17:31:12)
Edited on 2021-04-13 17:33:50

6’9” center Nancy Mulkey has entered the transfer portal out of Rice Wbb. Do you guys think Niele should even want to take a look at Nancy? Would we even have a chance here?

I haven't seen Mulkey in a few years.
by PWK2  (2021-04-14 10:06:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When I saw her, I was largely unimpressed. Slow and unathletic.

Not faster, but was DPOY in her conference
by goirish01  (2021-04-14 10:13:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's a block machine on the defensive end, averaging 3.5 blocks a game.

I saw her early in her career
by ram  (2021-04-14 10:41:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was a game changer in limited minutes

Hate to say it, but I would guess Baylor for her. *
by goirish01  (2021-04-13 20:17:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Never Say Never With Kim, But....
by dillon77  (2021-04-14 10:16:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's got Egbo at the Aircraft Carrier slot and Na'lyssa Smith at Power forward. Can't see Nancy M. getting all that much time and exposure, which is what I would hope she's after.

That said, if you think she wants to stay in Texas, the Longhorns and Aggies both have openings at center.

Mulkey Could Follow Tina Langley to Washington
by dillon77  (2021-04-13 18:24:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nancy Mulkey and Coach Langley were good for each other at Rice -- reviving that program, reviving Mulkey's career and winning a WNIT -- all of which helpe Langley get a P5 job.

Why not follow her for a year to Washington so she can get some experience in a P5 league and get her preppred for the pro's?
From the Washington-based posters on the BY, there's not a whole lot of talent left in the tank there, so Langley could use a 6'9" center to hold the fort while she finds other transfers and learns the lay of the land in the Pacific Northwest.

Mulkey rebounds pretty well, blocks shots, but I don't necessarily see bringing her in for a year. Let's see what Nat Marshall's got, working alongside Maya Dodson. Nat is 6'5" and will be here, knock on wood, for a number of years.