That would seem obvious to me...
by Slotts (2022-01-24 12:00:03)

In reply to: What smells?  posted by nd67

rescheduling NC State should have been done, but not at the expense of the UVA game. The best team in the league to replace the worst team in the league. That's not exactly a fair deal. I'm sure the conference would rather have the former vs the later matchup. However, it could very well affect the conference and NCAA seeding if they don't get the UVA game rescheduled.

Affect Conference yes, but NCAA, probably not in a bad way
by cbiebel  (2022-01-24 19:25:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NCAA seeding will probably be helped by ND/NC St over ND/UVa. It comes down to this: Which would be better for ND and the conference regarding the NCAAs? Four possibilities (in order of likelihood):

ND/UVA: ND wins. ND beat a team that is currently 3-13 and #135 in RPI. Helps ND a little bit in conference tournament seeding, but probably not significantly.

ND/NC St: NC St wins. Expected outcome based on rankings, so it doesn't hurt ND's appearance to the Committee. Plus, these types of losses tend to help RPI (strangely enough) and boost ND's SOS.

ND/NC St: ND wins. Actually the likely best situation for the ACC (boosts ND in appearance, probably wouldn't hurt NC St. too much).

ND/UVa: UVa wins (extremely unlikely, but ND does have some problems on the road sometimes). Awful situation, ND losing to a RPI #135 team.

So you have a choice between a game with a great potential upside for ND/ACC and minimal NCAA effect vs a game with a minimal upside and potential huge downside.

Totally Agree on NCAA, But It's the Conference ....
by dillon77  (2022-01-24 20:03:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm concentrating on. The games you play there have an effect, too, and I'd like to see us get as many "w's" as possible to help seeding. I'm very much hoping the ACC will try to squeeze these games in, too, but I'm kind of in a Missouri mode: Show me.

Don’t you think dillon77’s
by nd67  (2022-01-24 12:20:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

explanation of the specific scheduling
problems with making up games is
helpful showing the complexity.
Also, Va has 2 games to make up,
Syracuse and ND.

It is, but the league caused this problem. They arbitrarily
by Slotts  (2022-01-24 14:08:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bumped UVA to install NC State. Substituted one problem for another. They didn't solve anything.

Maybe there isn’t a solution that
by nd67  (2022-01-24 15:21:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is perfect for every team. Have you looked at Virginia’s
schedule? They have had at least 4 games postponed
and still have to reschedule Syracuse and ND. When you
have 15 teams and schedules spread out over half the
country, that will result in some issues. The Conference
doesn’t just revolve around ND. What is your solution?
Also, arbitrarily is not the appropriate word,imo.