#WembleyWoes
by HTownND (2017-10-25 17:28:37)

Are they back on again?

That one's gonna leave a mark

Yep. In the Caribou Cup. #whogivesacrap? *
by coachbob  (2017-10-27 08:27:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

#teamswhoslasttrophywastheCarabaoCup
by HTownND  (2017-10-27 10:28:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since 2000, the only competition Tottenham has won is the now Carabao Cup.

Blowing a 2-0 lead to West Ham, at home, regardless of competition, is not ideal.

obsessed
by alleghenyirish  (2017-11-01 12:25:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Worry about your own house my friend, or you'll soon be hearing them called the N'golo Kante Team

You had 4 days
by HTownND  (2017-11-01 21:25:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that’s all you have?

Here’s an idea, save thr continued updates of Spurs game by game awesomeness until they win something of importance. I’m not obsessed, but you guys are the only dipshits giving us game by game accounts. You don’t city Tex giving us Citeh updates after each game. I guess it was too much to assume you could act like you’ve been there before, cause for the most part, you haven’t.

PS - because you haven’t figured it out yet, while a very good win, no one really gives a shit until the knockout round.

Being a City fan for more than 25 years gives you a fair
by tex29  (2017-11-03 20:37:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

amount of humility. I’ve seen them relegated out of the Premiership and out of the First Division (now Championship). I remember fondly when Richard Dunne was City’s best player. What the Shiek giveth, the Shiek can taketh away. So I’ll just enjoy being on top while I can, occasionally rub it in when City manages to somehow screw over United, and generally avoid talking shit unless provoked.

That said, Arsene Wenger can suck on a poop popsicle.

That the Worthington/Carling/Caracao Cup was
by coachbob  (2017-10-27 21:51:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the last gong Spurs won and it was ten years ago does not make it worth winning ever again at the expense of other important matches surrounding a league cup match.

In the following fixture list, which match would you focus least on:

Real Madrid (CL)
Liverpool (EPL)
West Ham (worthless cup)
Manchester United (EPL)
Real Madrid (CL)
Palace (EPL)
Arsenal (EPL)
Dortmund (CL)

It sort of looks like a murderer's row, even Palace (!). And since West Ham live only to beat Spurs, that makes the cup match even more difficult. As far as I'm concerned, West Ham can take the cup as consolation for going down, which is where they're headed.

Not making excuses, but if you look at it, you can see why less attention might have been given to that match.

Good thing Spurs chose to focus on the Man U match
by HTownND  (2017-10-28 09:42:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of that fixture list, I see a handful of competitions Spurs won’t win.

Yep. Good thing. *
by coachbob  (2017-10-28 16:20:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meanwhile, in Germany
by wcnitz  (2017-10-25 17:44:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Red Bull and Bayern played one hell of a match. Penalty shootout linked below - exquisite takes from Robben, Rudy and Hummels.

Timo has a head issue right now. I hope he gets that figured out before this coming summer.

Horrid officiating...
by iudomer  (2017-10-26 08:58:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

both sides had issues with the ref.

It was not his best day
by wcnitz  (2017-10-26 10:51:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Book should have come out earlier and would have avoided a lot of the mess later.

Also, by even signaling for a penalty first before talking to the AR, he created the controversy. It was clearly not a penalty and since there's no VAR until the later rounds, he should have consulted first. And it doesn't require a conversation, it's freaking eye contact.

Oh, and re: Keita - Liverpool fans better hope he gets his impulses under control. You can complain about his first yellow, but he was absolutely baited into his second by Lewandowski. Got played.

Slav should be on the chopping block every game
by SgtK  (2017-10-25 17:40:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

West Ham would win the league.