Definitely not a good finisher.
by NDMike2001 (2017-11-30 04:12:38)

In reply to: Sterling. If for no other reason than he’s English, so he  posted by tex29

Ironically he's a lot like Sterling. But faster. His confidence is sky high right now, so his finishing is better. But his conversion rate is generally not good. However his pace and anticipation is so good that he just finds a lot of chances. Or sometimes just creates them with devastating speed.

Interesting. Every time I watch Liverpool (which,
by tex29  (2017-11-30 08:27:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

admittedly, I’ve seen only a few of their games this season), Mo shows great touch and clinical finishing. I thought his goal against Chelsea, for example, was pure class. Great first touch, no fuss, and he put it away. Granted, it was not a particularly difficult finish, but I’ve seen City players (Sterling in particular) blow similar chances.

But I watch all of Man City’s games, so I see the bad as well as the good. Whereas, I mostly see Mo’s highlights (which obviously show his great finishes without the missed opportunities).

His season has mirrored an accelerated Sterling career.
by NDMike2001  (2017-11-30 15:01:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Early on he was incredibly frustrating and exciting at the same time. Blessed with talent and pace leading to great chances that you get the feeling few players would have even had the opportunity to have that chance. But in the end, the final product was often lacking.

Of late, the finishing has match the talent. 17 goals in a Liverpool shirt already - 21 games. 7 goals in his last 4 EPL matches. 5 in his first 10.

He's bricked some and missed a few sitters
by wcnitz  (2017-11-30 09:31:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He actually seems to score the more difficult shots better than the simple ones.

He and Mane are fun as hell to watch in open play, though.

He's improved.
by NDBass  (2017-11-30 08:57:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While he's scored a lot of goals, he could easily have 5 more. 10 more if you count difficult shots that you wouldn't expect a world class striker to convert every time.

I didn't save any numbers, but his convert rate was quite low earlier in the season. He did miss finishes like the one against Chelsea.