No real Group of Death...
by iudomer (2017-12-01 11:06:51)

In reply to: Final draw  posted by wcnitz

Argentina's maybe? Pretty balanced.

What about E?
by Mr Wednesday  (2017-12-01 18:58:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Has Serbia been iffy of late? I see they're in pot 4, I would have expected better.

Italy, Netherlands, Chile, USA
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-12-01 14:15:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All out of the tournament. So no real group of death makes sense.

Group A seems pretty soft. *
by steelhop  (2017-12-01 13:02:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You think?
by DakotaDomer  (2017-12-01 15:42:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

8th best pot 1, 4, 7th best post 2, and 6th best pot 3.

It’s fucking rigged

It's not rigged when the host is always seeded
by spade  (2017-12-02 11:43:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's not rigged, it's just how it happens. Group A in South Africa was easy as well because the "best 8" team was South Africa. But that didn't happen in 2014 or 2006 because the "best 8" team was Brazil and Germany respectively.

That is also why until 2010 every host team advanced to knockout rounds including BOTH South Korea and Japan advancing in 2002.

I DO think Russia (despite being awful) should be able to advance, and I think that will be good for the Cup in general having them in the next round.....as long as hooliganism is under control

FIFA corrpuption, Russian corruption or both?
by Irishlawyer  (2017-12-01 17:37:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm going to start using the word FIFA'd in place of the word rigged from now on.

C could be interesting *
by tcfc  (2017-12-01 11:13:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

F in some respect
by wcnitz  (2017-12-01 11:07:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only because the 3 teams aside from Germany all have enough in their squad to upset/get results against the others. Which is why I think Mexico has a good chance of getting screwed. Which would be great.

Indeed, I saw one story call F the "Group of Death",
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-12-01 15:56:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but to me, it's a soft one.