Anyone else get that $50 EPL package?
by Wooderson (2017-12-21 13:07:50)

I didn't decide to cut the cord until the season had already kicked off, and I'm a little pissed that NBC isn't pushing these games to broadcast, especially in things like the 7:00am slot.

So I went and got the $50 app thingy, and now I'm wondering just how in the hell it works. Is it only for the Sat/Sun morning games? I know I'm only getting 1/3rd of the matches, and mostly bottom tier, but the app itself is incredibly poorly designed, so I'm unsure of how it works.

Suggestions?

I Run It on an Apple TV
by 330morrissey  (2018-01-01 20:36:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It works pretty well in this environment.

I'm a Palace fan, so I bought it. I couldn't get it to work
by steez_nutz  (2017-12-27 12:38:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at all until about 6 weeks ago when I reinstalled Flash (or something). It's not a great setup, but its functional.

Not a chance
by wcnitz  (2017-12-21 20:37:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I get OTA NBC and NBCSN via Sling, and that's gotta be good enough. I already pay for Fox Soccer Match Pass and that's more important to me anyway (Bundesliga, Champions League, FA Cup). Also their apps don't suck and neither does their site, unlike NBC.

They send me an email midweek with that weekend’s lineup.
by tex29  (2017-12-21 17:17:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So you know in advance which games you will need to watch on NBC Gold.

This week:
by tex29  (2017-12-22 16:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Matchweek 19:

West Ham v. Newcastle
Brighton v. Watford
Southampton v. Huddersfield
Stoke v. West Brom

Matchweek 20:

Chelsea v. Brighton
Bournemouth v. West Ham
Huddersfield v. Stoke
Watford v. Leicester
West Brom v. Everton

When you go to the old NBC Sports App
by HTownND  (2017-12-21 13:18:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They will show you what's available in gold. When you click on the match you want, that's part of the Gold Pass, it will launch the other app from there.

It's a terrible setup from NBCSports

Well, yes and no.
by NDMike2001  (2017-12-21 15:00:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NBC Sports App predates this decision to have a gold package. So the user names and passwords might be different because the "free" NBC login might be different than what is used to buy the gold package. So yes, it's a little annoying that there are two separate logins. Especially if you are running late and miss a start. But I can see the practical reason for the separate app and login. And quite frankly, NBC is exponentially better than Fox, BeIn or other soccer friendly sites.

Wow, that's awful.
by Wooderson  (2017-12-21 13:29:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll give it a shot Sat morning, but man, that is just poor design.